Subject Author Posted Replies

Fitting a new toilet seat
Should have taken 10 minutes, but took over an hour. The soft-close seat was not closing softly after almost 6 years of use, so I got a replacement. One of the nuts holding the old seat fixing undid...
8
8

shear pin outboard
Brass for shear pin 15 hp outboard?
7
7

OT: Curious Cellar Occurence
Thought I saw some mouse type movement the other day in the cellar (which I use for DIY etc), so put a motion detecting camera down there. Just one 5s clip motion detected and recorded in 48 hours -...
6
6

PC proxy server
PC suddenly stopped connecting to internet. Getting message proxy server local host not connecting to 21320. What to do? as I havent a clue what this means. In local network it is set to auto detect...
3
3

Aldi DIY this week
I saw this in their 23/01/2019 specials: offer you this: Table vice, table vice, Every morning you grip me Small and light Clean and tight You look happy to squeeze me Acme of clutch May you fasten...
17
17

Re: Fog lights MOT
Rear fog lamps should only be used when dipped headlights are used. On most modern cars the fog lamps will not come on unless dipped headlamps are on certainly on our Kuga that is the case and if the...
9
9

Fog lights MOT
My memory is that you are supposed to put your fog lights on when visibility is less than 100 metres - lots of people put them on when you it is indeed a bit foggy but you can easily see more than...
171
171

OT: This is NFN
NFN - Normal for Norfolk. it's a photo of some traffic signs. Image NFN in Gb2222's images album

swapping electric hotplate hob for induction
Can't see an easy way to remove this hotplate and replace it with an induction hob. Can anyone please give me advice on taking out the hob with minimal damage to surroundings?
49
49

Astonishing craftsmanship (Again)
Found the same thing on Youtube Different man doing the same thing in the same factory by the looks. quite as good as original posting. To purchase this video for media use visit...
2
2

DNS hosting?
Hi, I'm moved my email to Gsuite which has dealt with a lot of spam and no longer need to run a linode (who are very good BTW). The only thing that's left on that linode is my primary DNS (zone, sub...
9
9

Shower caddy follow up
Konhard CS002 (Amazon) Umm.. claimed to be brushed stainless steel. Looks more like good quality chrome to me. Non magnetic so not mild steel. I'll report back in a few years:-)
11
11

Where does paint all go?
True, and it's the land (put into) use that really hits with dairy: <>Cheers, Rob With sales of vegan foods on the rise, check the environmental impact of plant-based milks.
129
129

Astonishing craftmanship!
3
3

Road surface using waste plastic
Anyone know how durable it is? I did a quick search but it's all just marketing fluff. TIA
4
4