Subject Author Posted Replies

Re: great film on
On Mon, 17 Feb 2020 11:51:27 +0000 "Jim GM4DHJ ..." wrote: ...oh, I don't know about that....
3
3

OT: Garden landslide
My house is in what once was a clay quarry and the back garden rises, in a couple of stages, to about 50', maybe more. The last stage is very steep, impossible to get up and was covered in ivy. At the...
12
12

Flooded Cars?..
Seeing a great number of cars in water recently, some just up to the sills some to the roof bars. IN this day of lots of electronics in cars what are the chances of them working again, or are they all...
59
59

Sky Q and many channels at once - how does it work?
How does Sky Q get several channels through one cable? When Sky HD came out, we had to add a second cable to the dish to get two channels. But Q does not need 6 cables to get 6 channels.
26
26

OT: liability
Next door's damson tree split its trunk and went over the fence into our garden. It may have spludged the fence on the way over, can't tell yet as it's a chain link embedded in a lonicera hedge. I...
26
26

Re: Banks new requirement....
I was under the impression that had always been the case. With purchases over £30 requiring a PIN resetting the count ?
32
32

Re: Banks new requirement....
What is with this "going to be"? - it has been happening for a long time. Partner seems to have it about every other time she uses her cards.
9
9

condensation in kitchen, black mould and all that stuff
I am sure that many of you will recall that for awhile - years - i have been be moaning the problems of my kitchen, condensation and mould (1950's bungalow). I have it all year round but in winter it...
37
37

paper or mesh plasterboard jointing tape?
I?m about to lower and plasterboard a ceiling. The existing ceiling and ornate coving is too far gone for a (economic) repair and plaster skim. The lath and plaster flat part of the ceiling has been...
11
11

What wind speed to lose roof tile?
Of course the wind can gust in different ways and there are many types of roof tiles and house heights differ .... but, as a rule of thumb, what average wind speed would make it more than likely a...
27
27

Adjusting hinged doors
Hi All I have a standard wooden internal hinged door. I have recently put a new floor down and when closing the door, the leading edge (i.e. handle edge not the hinge edge) rubs on the floor. Rather...
35
35

"Antique" fence boards
We have a fence in the garden of our listed building home, with standard posts, but boards like I've never seen before. They are 6 feet wide, with straight vertical edges, but variable in height from...
9
9

The late Terry Casey
1. A copy of the email from Terry's Partner to Adam Wadsworth Dear Adam, At last, we have been able to make some progress with arrangements for Terry. The Home Office cannot release him until next...

Wi-Fi adaptor.
Have a Humax 'smart' PVR which is cabled internet only - no Wi-Fi. Would like to use it where there is no RJ45 outlet. Is it possible to buy a Wi-Fi adaptor to RJ45 rather than USB? There is a USB...
18
18

Loft ladder - limited height in loft and small hatch
I've been asked to fit a loft ladder for someone who has a hatch 65cm square and limited height in the loft of 65cm to store the ladder. Looks like we need a concertina one or a telescopic one. Anyone...
12
12