Subject Author Posted Replies

Talking of green wood...
What is it that?s special about ash wood? I keep reading that it can be burnt green. Why is this? Does it have a naturally low water content? If I burn it green, will it fill my chimney with creosote...
6
6

Fizzy water
Water and electricity don't mix Video shows sparks and flames coming out of the substation in Gourock. Video shows sparks and flames coming out of the substation in Gourock. Video shows sparks and...
3
3

DIY rocketry ... and Darwin awards
A US daredevil pilot has been killed during an attempted launch of a homemade rocket in the Californian desert. "Mad" Mike Hughes, 64, crash-landed his steam-powered rocket shortly after take-off near...
56
56

Burning freshly cut wood.
The government wants to stop people burning would that has not dried properly, but do many people do this anyway?
67
67

OT Amazon scams
Had two of these in quick succession. The first was a phone call telling me something about being charged for Amazon Prime and if I wanted to cancel press 1. I thought 'well, I can go into the Amazon...
47
47

Selling more gas
If you're Centrica, just include the phrase "OK G**gl* tell Hive to turn the heating on" in your adverts. Yes they actually do that, I suppose for best effect they could play the advert in one of...
34
34

2020
So, 12 hours after sharing you descirptionless links, they?ve elicited zero response. Care to rethink your ?sharing? strategy? Your current one really doesn?t seem to be working. Tim
11
11

Another LED illuminated extrusion question.
I am looking for recommendations for what I would describe as illuminated dado rail. I don't want any incident light from the front, just a wash of light on the wall above and below the rail.
3
3

Redrilling existing holes in timber at a different angle
I have some railings kits, picked up cheaply in a DIY shed sale: horizontal softwood rails pre-drilled for tubular metal spindles. They go together very nicely when fitted on the level, but I'd like...
73
73

Re: SOR codes from the NHF
Do you still have the sor codes with prices ?

Re-working elderly plastic basin drain
I can well bet this question has been asked several times before but the problem is finding the right words for a search. I've had to replace the basin in my shower room. It came to me second hand 30...
3
3

Google seem to be delighted we are leaving the EU?
. Your service provider and data controller is now Google LLC: Because the UK is leaving the EU, we've updated our Terms so that a United States-based company, Google LLC, is now your service provider...
54
54

Recommended LED supplier
Which company is the group recommended UK LED supplier these days I used to use LED Hut but remember seeing on this group that maybe they have new owners and now the service and delivery times are not...
8
8

Replace wireless doorbell with a wired one
Any views or advice on this, please: We have a wireless doorbell: bells (2) plugged into the mains, and the bellpush fixed to the outside of our porch. I'm now finally fed up of the bellpush failing...
40
40

G9 Lampholder
One of these has burned out. Any ideas as to how to remove and replace? ?dl=0It is a G9 holder in a 5 branch fitting. Dropbox is a free service that lets you bring your photos, docs, and videos...
3
3