Subject Author Posted Replies

Microbore pipe fittings
Hi all, Anyone recognise these items from a 1/8" copper pipe union? I need to order some more but don;t know what they're called. Never seen 'em before! The nut fits a 7/16 spanner and I particularly...
7
7

grey as earth/cpc?
Can I use some 3 phase SWA on 1 phase, using the grey taped over as cpc? It needs to comply with the 18th. NT
4
4

OT Orfordeness Lighthouse
To be demolished. was on my list of places to visit. The decision comes despite attempts to save the Grade II listed Suffolk landmark from coastal erosion.
13
13

Re: Some of these toffee nose kids got it right....
Even in those days they were scaring kids shitless with tales of an apocalypse. Some things never change. Bill
10
10

Proofing wood resting on concrete and other wood?
As an experiment we are replacing a nominally 6' by 6' fence panel (blown out in the gales, bottom rail rotted away) with lengths of 6x2 laid on their side. So that would be 12 lengths of 6' long 6x2...
9
9

Chainsaw fecked?
My cheapo Gardenline 16" chainsaw has saved me a heap of money in firewood since I bought it a couple of years ago but something seems to be fecked in the chain tension adjuster. There's a large knob...
5
5

Old foundations for new extension? - Building Control
I have an idea to put a new roof on a small outbuilding, and span from it to the main house, this would much improve insulation and light. Planning are only about where the walls go I think? But would...
6
6

The National Grid!!
Who had that old ditty?? "The National Grid it came to pass. Its wires were made of Brass. In windy weather they'd smash together And sparks flew out of its arse:!
17
17

Strange heating/DHW boiler?
Went to have a look at a flat that I am thinking about buying to do up. An elderly lady, small flat in a terrible state (shame on her family...). She was suffering from dementia, and the estate agent...
20
20

B&Q
Seems not long ago B&Q built a new super store nearby at Wandsworth Bridge. A Home Depot one. Now gone, and going to be more 'executive housing' Oddly, the Homebase is still across the road from it -...
54
54

Some kitchen questions.
Went to a local firm for a quote. They do all sorts of worktops in real marble, granite, etc as well as 'artificial' stone. And was surprised to find artificial can be more expensive than real. I...
18
18

Source for vanity basin (no cabinet) ?
following the adventures with the waste, with tiresome predictability, fixing one problem has caused another, and with the actual basin (plastic on MDF) being 14 years old, there's a couple of...
8
8

Infra red panel heater gibberish?
Hi, just talking to a guy getting infra red panel heaters fitted into his house. Whilst googling I found: states: Infrared Heating: The Details Infrared heating is a revolutionary way of heating your...
36
36

ha ha
This looks better Restored Detroit Electric car driving out of the Edison Tech Center and down the street. This one was owned by electrical engineer Charles P. Steinmetz at General Electric. 1914...
1
1

Re: Servicing a very old gas boiler - still done?
sounds like a great way of missing the point. So instead of burning gas in the home at 95% or so efficient, you want to build massively expensive power stations to convert gas at 40% efficiency into...
4
4