Subject Author Posted Replies

resistor packs
I take it car blower resistor packs are cooled by the airflow of the fan they are controlling....?
1
1

indirect lighting onto ceiling
My study is being redecorated after the need to dig under the floor to replace the incoming water main. I am refitting the fitted bookcases across one wall and I have a wire in place to add some...
3
3

OT Petrol heads only!

Lots of water vapour from boiler at startup
I see a lot of billowing steam vapour from the outside vent when my Ideal ISAR boiler starts up in the morning. It can last an hour of two. The neighbour's boiler vents far, far less. Is this a sign...
14
14

dash now
Home bargains in Hawick has hand sanitiser two bottles per customer.......
25
25

Howe Tools - anyone used them?
<>They talk a good fight but are they OK? Cheers Dave R Find drills, garden machinery and over 1500 power tools from all the top brands for the lowest prices online at Howe Tools UK.
11
11

The van has done it again
It's the sort of legislation that I would have expected larger trading alliances like the EU, the USA, etc to have passed years ago when space-saver tyres first became a possibility, to say "any tyre...
170
170

Singer sewing machine foot control
Anyone know how these work? The foot control of my wife's 1980's Singer sewing machine started emitting smoke a couple of days ago and, at one stage, the motor ran without having her foot on the...
40
40

OT: Gridwatch
Not seen so much FF generation for a long time. Total demand close to 45GW, Coal seemingly nearly flat out at 3.57GW (8%), CCGT going nearly flat out I guess, bugger all wind, no sunshine of course,...
8
8

Re: Reconditioning dripping ceramic disc tap?
I found that putting a fibre washer between the cartridge and the tap has sorted my dripping tap. I suspect the ceramic discs do not leak but the blue/red plastic rings deteriorate with time. Try it.
4
4

Re: Whitby is a seaside town, port & civil parish in North Yorkshire...
And vampyre wannabes, but can you tell a goth from a vampire ?
3
3

Where to buy G9 LEDs, i.e. reasonable price and quality?
My MIL has bought some light fittings which need a total of 7 G9 LED bulbs, my first foray to Toolstation and Screwfix tells me they're expensive! CPC are better but still quite pricey. Are there any...
11
11

Red diesel
"Rishi Sunak is set to announce in next week's budget that red diesel - so-called because it is marked with a dye - will no longer attract a lower fuel duty. It currently accounts for about 15% of...
46
46

Whitby is a seaside town, port & civil parish in North Yorkshire...
Whitby is a seaside town, port & civil parish in the Scarborough borough of North Yorkshire. Situated on the east coast of Yorkshire at the mouth of the River Esk, Whitby has a maritime, mineral &...
11
11

Extemporaneous hand sanitizer.
I've just ordered a litre of IPA, I going to decant it into small plastic bottles with a little hand cream. Couldn't find any in the shops. Typing ALK into Google suggests this is a hot topic.
83
83