Subject Author Posted Replies

Planes....
Hmm, nice idea but I suspect the bean counters will say no. Tim
34
34

Root Cause
Observing how roads deteriorate it seems that Joins in the tarmac and Drains are the major cause. So why isn't more attention given to these features when a road is resurfaced?
26
26

OT Traitors
Relations With the Civil Service - Independence Daily Relations With the Civil Service - Independence Daily

Don't count your chickens before they are clamped
Saw this on cityAM daily email today - DVLA have revealed the reasons some people have given for not taxing their cars. ?I?m about to start a prison sentence, so is there any way you could hang on to...
1
1

Re: Aberdeen
Yes, but that was typhoid, a lot more serious. Brian
3
3

Re: Check the guy welding at 1.22 ......
It's not the scene from The Full Monty with them watching Flashdance and criticising the mix is it?
1
1

Flickering LED bulkhesd lights
I have four LED lights in the loft, Megaman F50500SM, 10.5W, . They are arranged on two spurs coming from a single switch, two lights on each spur, in parallel. A few minutes after I switch the lights...
7
7

central heating fault: fuse blown - pump?
Hello, I went away for a couple of weeks and I didn't know how cold the house would get so rather than turn off the heating, I left it set low for frost protection so I didn't come back to burst...
10
10

Re: Sacraficial ...
Why is it a problem if they remove the cupboard, knowing they might possibly need to redo it one later day? what's the point of that? Sounds petty & silly on the face of it. NT

Modern keys...
I feel as if modern keys promote failure to ensure the successful locking of a door on *every* occasion. I'm super vigilant of late but some years ago I was surprised how many times I was getting home...
64
64

Did we somehow ruin the next generation?
I'm provoked to post this after the thread about whether people DIY or not anymore. I've been wondering for some time, in particular WRT my own kids (both men now in their 20s) if their lives have...
62
62

Home printer recommendations please!
(Yeah, sorry...) Just sent the old colour HP laser to the holiday resort of no return. Didn't really use the colour that much so B&W would be fine. Has inkjet still got the clogging problems of old?...
24
24

OT: Former President of Greenpeace scientifically rips climate change to shreds
See here: <>The article is titled as per the title of this post (I dislike harry-style posts with a link and nothing else). Patrick Moore is a vocal critic of faulty science that supports...
17
17

Numatic. Modest success!
Cleaning lady dumped her dead *Hetty* floor cleaner in hopes of a repair and I thought the team might be interested.... Moulded on plug and no power reaching the motor. Wind up cable and a user likely...
13
13

Sacraficial ...
I often wonder why nobody builds houses on stilts these days. Brian
27
27