Subject Author Posted Replies

OT: any idea what "travel to essential work" means?
Sadiq Khan has defined it as "travelling to work only if you work in a critical industry like the NHS", but is "essential work" defined anywhere else?
99
99

Different car battery
The battery on my car gave up last week. I'm used to the idea that when the battery is dying things like lights get weak and the car gets difficult to start. Not this one. The first clue (which I...
10
10

Re: English dormobiles ...
Any you wonder why you are killfiled by so many here! Sheesh. Why don't you go and ask a DIY question on a political group? The First Minister has told people flocking to the Highlands and Islands in...
11
11

OT: Tesco online delivery dates
Anyone know what time of day new delivery slots become available? Every time I look all available slots for about the next two weeks are fully booked. I?m guessing I just need to get in sharpish when...
18
18

paying in
Back of Scotland lets you pay cheques in by smartphone. Maybe other banks too? Cash usually isn?t too hard to use usually, although in these strange times... Tim
17
17

Direct collection Bailiffs Ltd
After 2 and a half years it?s almost certainly a scam. I would have thought that?s it?s way beyond any reasonable timescale for notification (assuming this is the first contact). If it?s from a real...
7
7

prestwick airport
On Mon, 23 Mar 2020 14:34:22 +0000, "Jim GM4DHJ ..." wrote: Jim, you still don't seem to get the idea that this is a diy group, for people who are trying to do *something* (however obscure these days...
14
14

DIY work for Idol hands
's always something useful to be done. How to Make Nail Polish: This instructable will teach you how to make your own nail polish colors using eyeshadow and glitter. It's an excellent way to get...
11
11

Car battery
Changed my car a couple of weeks back and it has the push button start/stop rather than ignition key. It also cuts out if stopped at traffic lights and restarts when accelerator pedal is pressed. All...
57
57

Re: shop hung
We fitted one in France many years ago. That was not a made to order one though, just a shop-stocked, standard size that we built the stud-wall around. It was supplied with temporary braces fitted to...

Improving the humble surgical mask
Gentlemen, We all know by now that surgical masks are much better at keeping bio-nasties from escaping a carrier than they are at preventing said nasties from infecting a wearer who's attempting to...
17
17

Work as normal on Monday for anyone else?
Or just me?
29
29

OTish: plane maintenance
Any aviation buffs/experts out there have any ideas about how a prolonged open-ended shutdown might affect commercial air travel from a mechanical perspective ? Presumably grounded planes still need a...
23
23

bathroom Isolator switches in attic?
Is it Ok to have the fused isolator switches for bathroom fan and heater a few feet above them in the attic? george
3
3

“if that means some pensioners die, too bad”
Government strategy summed up by Dom Cummings: ?herd immunity, protect the economy and if that means some pensioners die, too bad?... Is it just me, or is there then a glorious irony in Boomers...
7
7