Subject Author Posted Replies

Keyless chuck
Any tips on how to free a keyless chuck stuck in the fully open position? B&D 10mm if that makes any difference.
21
21

RANDALL 103 timer
Hi I have had my back boiler remover and a Combi put in my old timer is no longer required how can i disconnect it and and remove it
1
1

OT(ish): Larch as firewood
A branch has come off a larch at the end of our garden. I have a wood burning stove so I?m always on the look out for good wood to burn. The question is, is it good, at least from a soot and...
6
6

What kind of foam tape do I need?
I'm looking for something very 'squashable' to fill a small gap between a (slightly bowed over time) worktop and an induction hob. Most draught-excluder type tapes I see are too resilient to fill the...
3
3

Martindale Socket Tester EZ150
Hi, Will this tester indicate possible earth cable deterioration when connecting to an outside socket as i have three outdoor sockets which were all working fine but one of them is now tripping my...
5
5

Spark plug coil amplifier
We seem to have less electronics expertise than in the past, what hppened to Andrew Gabriel? I have one of the cheap 2T 650W gensets based on the Yamaha 50cc capacitively excited generator handed me...
19
19

Maplin Resurrection?
Electronics Weekly has a report of the re launch of Maplin Electronics ( as an on-line retailer We're back online with a huge range of Smart Home, Security, Gaming, AV, Computing, STEM & more. ✓...
43
43

OT: Video conferencing for the hearing impaired?
Whilst playing with the Facebook Portal 'Mini' videoconferencing screens recently I stumbled across a feature that I though could (if available / developed) help people who were hearing impaired video...

Lockdown
To be extended for another month at least. I'm running out of small projects/repair/maintenance jobs around the house. Fortunately we have a big garden and a veggie plot. It's a busy time of year in...
85
85

OT: Italian bridge collapse
another poorly maintained bridge has collapsed in Italy. I?m curious as to why the whole bridge has collapsed when it appears to be a flat deck supported at regular intervals by piers. I would have...
33
33

Please tell me they are not mice
I spent yesterday in a hoarders house that was infested with mice. I know what a mouse looks (and feels) like. of Basil's Siberian hamsters? The two rodents were filmed at London's Notting Hill Gate...
4
4

Blood pressure variation?
I have been on blood pressure tablets, for a couple of years for high BP. Problem is that at rest my BP is around 150 sys which is too high, yet if I move/ get involved in any sort of activity, my BP...
84
84

PowerBreaker RCD fused spur instead of standard fused spur switch?
Please can anyone advise if i can use a PowerBreaker RCD fused spur instead of a standard fused spur switch. I understand that my RCD fuse box will cut incase of any fault but would like to replace...
19
19

Replacement for my Samsung Galaxy S4 mini Gt19195 phone
It is cream-crackered. I am looking for a replacement, sadly they all see quite a bit larger, I am not a believer in the larger the better. Who wants to lug a great big phone around. Any suggestions...
16
16

Metal architrave box (for light switch) in wooden door frame?
Is it OK to cut a rectangular hole in a *wooden* door frame to insert a metal architrave box [1] for a matching light switch? (This is to go in the frame between the dining room & pantry/cellar head...
2
2