Subject Author Posted Replies

Re: what's got a hazelnut in every bite...off topic
The AA were bitching that the oil companies haven't dropped the cost of fuel in line with crude prices. But I've not had any car insurance refund from them like Admiral Group are doing.
4
4

Creating a pdf file from web pages
In message >, newshound > writes Thanks for the suggestions. yes, lots of large, full colour images. The forum software is phpBB which seems to be popular, and works well. I think straight copy/paste...
15
15

Hotpoint / Indesit recall - new models
Hotpoint and Indesit washing machine customers - Whirlpool has added an extra 21 models to their product recall list for machines that are a fire risk. Whirlpool branded washing machines are not...
15
15

Connecting polypipe to lead pipe
House has old lead pipe water main. This needs extending (with polypipe) to new position within kitchen extension. Plumber says this is difficult if the old pipe isn't circular enough to attach the...
114
114

Very off topic
A couple of posters are getting this in their replies and postings to me ' One uses Windows 7, the other Bluemail for Windows. Anybody got an idea what this is all about?
9
9

‘It's very lonely’: older people's fears of extended lockdown
a mess. Many over 70s are worried about health risks and frustrations of a longer period of isolation Many over 70s are worried about health risks and frustrations of a longer period of isolation
31
31

Strange design
I've just fitted Boostmaster FBT5 switched, fused, spur timers to a couple of dual-heat towel rads. They work well and are easy to use BUT the LEDs that indicate the timing progress are lit whether or...
6
6

OT: Electoral Commission again
I see the Electoral Commission has received another spanking, this time from Aaron Banks: <>"Today the Electoral Commission finally admitted it was wrong on all counts" So much for Remainer...
4
4

Creaking Ali Extension Ladder
How do you stop it creaking? I guess it's just stiction in the joints between the treads and rails.
32
32

A couple of PC questions.
I've got a desktop PC used with the main AV system. Mainly just a jukebox for music, etc. But does have an HDMI feed to the TV. Added a USB Wi-Fi dongle - not the cheapest one I could find, either....
19
19

CU cable entry
Have you ever spent longer getting the bit you punched out of the cutting tool than cutting the hole in the first place? Grin. Brian
43
43

OT: Why are supermarkets still struggling?
In article wrote: Our village butcher has eggs in open trays (8x8?) and you select your own into 3x2 boxes. Mind you, there are two lots - medium & large.
41
41

Well that actually works better than expected
Well that is something I have never done (yet) with an angle grinder. I particularly liked the simple fabricated adaptor on the handle to make clamping mechanism.
6
6

Maybe OT: Car battery charging question
That depends on the car. My mate drives a Morris Minor in grey with a ford gearbox substituted for the original. No issues with not knowing what is going on, no computer to cock things up etc. Brian
11
11

Rails points question
Assuming two pairs of railway lines join together via points, to become one line on a narrow gauge railway, the line you are on, then a line to the left- you are progressing from the the line on the...
13
13