Subject Author Posted Replies

Could this be a lack of quality standard because of profits.
I had a cataract removed from my right and at the follow-up opticians eye test I was coerced into getting a new pair of glasses. My selection was varifocals with a photochromic brown prescription....
13
13

NHS contact tracing app
I am curious to know how some people on the Isle of Wight are presumably able to download the NHS contact tracing app whereas I can not see in on the Playstore website.   I am actually in Wales at...
120
120

Bored man discovers 120-year-old tunnel under his house while doing DIY in lockdown
bored man who decided to do some DIY during lockdown discovered a secret 120-year-old tunnel underneath his house. (actually, a coal cellar, so not that secret, and not a tunnel, but... ) "The stone...
27
27

Exposed shower valve fixing bracket
I have found these right angle brackets to mount an exposed shower mixer - the type like a long bar. Does anyone know whether I can get one that is a single bracket with both parts mounted on it?
7
7

dekin'
Broken hip (in winter) ?. Decking is just a posh name for firewood as far as I am concerned.
3
3

Plunger in my bidet is releasing water
When using my bidet water is escaping as the plunger causes the plug to rise - it doesn?t stay closed
1
1

OT: flow chart / block diagram software
As per title, can anyone recommend any free (or low cost) software for a one-off job. Doesn't need to be fancy. Or do I have to go hunting for some old A3 fanfold line printer output and start drawing...
10
10

SplitCam
Anyone using SplitCam? On Win7. Works well enough for what it cost ;-) but keeps on nagging to update the software - but the version I have is the latest one for Win7, and the update says I need Win...

DIY rinse aid
I am out of rinse aid (and am disinclined to make a special trip to the supermarket to buy some) can I make some more by watering down washing up liquid, or will that not work? tim
33
33

CH pump advice please
Our CH pump is getting increasingly noisy and there?s now a pretty constant irregular ?grumbling? rumble whenever it?s running. The noise is aggravated by it being horizontally mounted in the loft...
22
22

Managing the newsgroup infestation
A lot of people have been complaining about an individual who is forging posts and trying to bring the group down. It's easy to filter out his posts in Thunderbird. See needs minor alteration for this...
22
22

Recent documents in Outlook
If we are on computer questions today, can I ask why my Outlook programs seem to have stopped showing my recent documents? I have tried varying the number in options.
29
29

OT?-Workdays - Lockdown Reflections
Musing about past work experiences, as you do. I was wondering if some 'old' tenets of the construction industry are still true today. First chestnut; it takes a pounds worth of labour to fit a pounds...
25
25

OT: Reversing a Caravan
If it's right hand down as far as Compo then left hand down as far as Clegg. How comw i ended up in next doors driveway. Must have been that twit Seymour!
1
1

Setting in-set windows into box profile cladding
I need to continue replacing the asbestos-cement panels on an ex-chicken house with box profile 0.5mm steel panels. I'll be replacing all the 2x2 studwork because what's there is either in the wrong...
6
6