Subject Author Posted Replies

"Drywall"
Reminds me of the time I once got paid a few cents a word to translate English-English into American-English.
33
33

A day off work - so time to DIY
So first I helped Lou knock down her pantry wall. I even let her have a go with the hammer. I swapped the smashed rear light on the van (a tower scaffold accident), swapped the smashed front fog light...
8
8

What to do with out of date plaster?
I've a couple of bags of multi finish around 3 years old. The plasterer we occasionally use won't use them. I'm trying to think of ways to get use from them. Does it set hard enough to use to level a...
12
12

The Ice Cream person with their jingle has turned up
Is this allowed I wonder? Brian
12
12

diy 'Home Media' system ...
This won't be for the Twatter readers ... It all started out from a thought that 1) the Topfield PVR's weren't going to last forever and if they did they still wouldn't be that much use as they have...
2
2

Replacing fence post
a 4 x 4 treated wood post that was in place for around 15 years has rotted and needs replacing. It is a 2.4m one - 60cm under ground, set using a couple of bags of postcrete. Unfortunately the post...
25
25

Alternatives to cement for grouting slabs round pond
We have a small pond with cement slabs round it, I have wire hooks embedded in the grout adjacent to the pond to hold a net to stop herons eating the fish. Some of the grout is getting a bit decrepit...
18
18

Step away from the garden centre
Police called to deal with angry OAPs after Ayrshire garden centre is ordered to close Officers attended Sunnyside Nursery shortly before 3pm yesterday after worried trading standards officials raised...
52
52

Five hours to fit a Venetian Blind
Ordered and received a 175cm x 125cm (drop) black 2.5cm slat blind to fit a front window recess. All geared up and ready to fit in an hour. Drilled 5 holes through the sophit at the top of the recess,...
4
4

OT: Charging a Start-Stop car battery with a 'normal' charger?
The battery in my wife's Fiesta is flat having not been used much during lockdown and, with it being a start-stop model, I believe it might have a 'special' battery. Is it safe to use a 'normal'...
10
10

The Wiki
(1) In Unvented DHW, I changed Megaflow to MegaFlo. (2) At one stage of editing that, a dialogue containing "autoconfirmed" appeared; it would be well IMHO if that word were clickable, to get an...
5
5

Balcony flexible tile grout suggestions
I have a Large balcony here in france, With floor tiles bedded onto 1cm thick species flexible floor glue specially for the purpose. The problem is that after 3 years of summers and winters the grout...

Under floor heated Oak Plank floor issue
I rent out a house I used to live in, it has oak planks, t+g, glued down with special UFH glue. It worked for 6 years fine, no issue. But after we rented it out, they don't use the under floor heating...
10
10

Paint coming off the bloody wall!
We're moving some stuff around at work, and there's patches of paint need touching up. Someone i'm guessing has painted fresh plaster and not prepared the wall first, So while the paint looks OK as it...
7
7

Webcam software.
What's the best freebie for Win7? Have SplitCam which works OK but keeps on nagging me to upgrade to the latest version. Which doesn't work on Win7.
12
12