Subject Author Posted Replies

Do powerline adapters work during a power cut?
My electricity is being switched off next Thursday for 8 hours. I can't think of any reason why my powerline adapters shouldn't continue to work, but will they? I've got some battery-powered Raspberry...
56
56

Karcher Vario lance
My lance seems to have lost its ability to focus into a hard jet. I am wondering what could be the cause - the ither lance with the swirl thing seems okay so I guess the power unit is okay. What could...
11
11

Concreting in a gatepost.
If one is setting a wooden gatepost in concrete should one have a bed of concrete underneath the post to keep water out, or should one have it on shingle underneath to let water out?
8
8

OT: Anyone using online prescription deliveries?
The queue at Boots to collect our prescriptions are often very long and it seems silly to bother to do that when they could probably be delivered to us. I understand that some places are having some...
33
33

Re: ot...fed up
The Brexit Party leader, 56, claimed today would be 'another record day' for crossings with nine migrant boats already reported to be on the Channel crossing the perilous Dover Strait shipping lane.

Re: Churchill
I would have thought they would charge more as you will get rusty.

Re: ot things could be wurser
That certainly makes those who are weaker amongst us to claim they are bored. Have you nothing better to do? I'm more active with loads to do than ever before.
12
12

When you think someone has been clever...
I bought a second hand vacuum cleaner. It's bagless (Shark) & you've to take a fair chunk of it to the bin, including the cable. Someone has put a plug inline, near the unit, so you can leave most of...
22
22

Sloped Garden levelling and fence wall
I have a sloped garden and I want to pave it. I got the first bit done by the contractor but would like to attemp the second half myself. I am planning to hire a digger to dug 2ft deep trench, fill it...
11
11

Re: ot...fed up
> instructions on how to deal with lock down ? ...pain in the arse..... +1
17
17

OT: Well well well...
"The Financial Times gave a front page splash last Friday to the exciting news that Renault are to close a car assembly plant in Spain and move the production of two models to the Nissan site in...
13
13

Why are stairlifts so slow?
37 seconds actually. Bill
48
48

Women and DIY
Just been to see Lou. I knocked down her pantry wall over the weekend (she had a go but I did most it) as per earlier post. 1. She had the skip delivered onto her driveway boxing my car in [1]. 2. She...
22
22

domestic laser printers
I seldom need to print stuff nowadays and long ago decided I would use a local print firm to do any high quality prints of photos etc. as I was fed up with inkjet printers' print heads blocking from...
19
19

Moors fires
Well I was there/passed it on Monday Morning and never noticed it. you can see it from Doncaster. Drone footage has revealed the extent of devastation at a Doncaster beauty spot as the fight to tackle...
2
2