Subject Author Posted Replies

TN-S Earth clamp
Had a proper look at the earthing on the new place today. The supply earth is provided by a clamp onto the sheath. It's not, so far as I can, a tightenable clamp. It has a 10mm cable in which looks...
32
32

Cine film cement
balsa cement is the same thing #
20
20

sporks, was: Why do some people use a knife and fork?
[big snippeth] Let's not leave out: Splayd - Wikipedia The Slightly Less Than Official Spork Homepage https://www.rei.com/c/camping-sporks The Slightly Less Than Official Spork Homepage

Old oak or new to rebuild bay windows - how?
I'm removing rotten wood, pine, plaster, foam, car body filler etc from an old bay window. I'm thinking to replace just the rotten bits, not the whole thing, copying the shape of the old bits. I have...
16
16

Keeping car battery from discharging
On Sun, 24 May 2020 14:01:06 +0100 "Dave Plowman (News)" > wrote: Such as the one I have: https://www.holden.co.uk/p/discarent-battery-cut-off-switch-1...
37
37

off the shelf hall effect event counter that will count to 30 and send a signal.
Would this not be easy to do with one hall effect device and one logic chip in any case? Brian
4
4

Re: Timber retaining walls
My neighbour has one constructed out of (fake) railway sleepers. Can't see it lasting 100 yrs.
3
3

OT House price fall off a cliff.
It wasn't hard to predict that if estate agents are closed, banks are offering limited services, surveyors and solicitors are in lock-down that viewing properties, getting a mortgage etc. may have...
20
20

OT: Windows 10 Updates
In article , Andrew snipped-for-privacy@mybtan update?
21
21

ot ....
Image 99253666-10163647759480451-565704101199872000-n464644 hosted in ImgBB Image 99253666-10163647759480451-565704101199872000-n464644 hosted in ImgBB

Camera up the Chimney
I?d be tempted to make some sort of cage or basket around the camera, or just anything to keep the camera away from the sides of the chimney. Shouldn?t be too hard... Tim
17
17

cement mixer rotates too fast
just bought a second hand belle 130 cement mixer. to find out it rotates so quick it is dangerous and pretty useless. if i changed the capacitor would it resolve the issue. should i change the...
36
36

Garden pump
I need a garden water pump to raise water two metres from the adjacent canal to my small lawn. I'd be interested to hear recommendations on brand and any other advice.
22
22

OT: Complaints about lack of PPE!?
Why are people grumbling the government won't give teachers PPE masks? You can get them online for a fiver for goodness sake. What next, buy socks for them?
12
12

bloody ot internet
Data rate:2.433 Mbps / 26.019 Mbps in Sussex with BT. Maybe your copper wires are unnacustomed to all this hot dry sunny weather in Scotland ?. Are you on cable or overhead copper ?. If the latter,...
13
13