Subject Author Posted Replies

off the shelf hall effect event counter that will count to 30 and send a signal.
Would this not be easy to do with one hall effect device and one logic chip in any case? Brian
4
4

Re: Timber retaining walls
My neighbour has one constructed out of (fake) railway sleepers. Can't see it lasting 100 yrs.
3
3

OT House price fall off a cliff.
It wasn't hard to predict that if estate agents are closed, banks are offering limited services, surveyors and solicitors are in lock-down that viewing properties, getting a mortgage etc. may have...
20
20

OT: Windows 10 Updates
In article , Andrew snipped-for-privacy@mybtan update?
21
21

ot ....
Image 99253666-10163647759480451-565704101199872000-n464644 hosted in ImgBB Image 99253666-10163647759480451-565704101199872000-n464644 hosted in ImgBB

Camera up the Chimney
I?d be tempted to make some sort of cage or basket around the camera, or just anything to keep the camera away from the sides of the chimney. Shouldn?t be too hard... Tim
17
17

cement mixer rotates too fast
just bought a second hand belle 130 cement mixer. to find out it rotates so quick it is dangerous and pretty useless. if i changed the capacitor would it resolve the issue. should i change the...
36
36

Garden pump
I need a garden water pump to raise water two metres from the adjacent canal to my small lawn. I'd be interested to hear recommendations on brand and any other advice.
22
22

OT: Complaints about lack of PPE!?
Why are people grumbling the government won't give teachers PPE masks? You can get them online for a fiver for goodness sake. What next, buy socks for them?
12
12

bloody ot internet
Data rate:2.433 Mbps / 26.019 Mbps in Sussex with BT. Maybe your copper wires are unnacustomed to all this hot dry sunny weather in Scotland ?. Are you on cable or overhead copper ?. If the latter,...
13
13

Touch Switches on Lamps
Metal bodied desk lamp, bedside lamp type things - I have a pair I liked which were on, off, dimmable just by touching the metal base with no other switch. There is a black thing on the cable which...
9
9

Advice about painting
I have noticed some of the paint on the outside of my window frames is starting to blister. I remember when the windows were installed they made a thing using about using microporous paint. Does this...
3
3

DIY Router template inlay jig
Following on from Phil's question about door repair, I thought it might be interesting to try DIYing a jig to do accurate inlay work with a router - either for the original purpose of repair to a...
6
6

Maching rounded edge on planks
I'm looking to renovate a couple of garden benches by replacing the slats. These are wide benches so the standard kits of slats are not long enough. I have some hardwood planks that are suitable but...
38
38

A64 speed camera vans and apprentices
A quiz for you. In the two weeks working at HMP Askern Grange how many apprentices picked up a speeding ticket on the A64? How many got two tickets over the two week period? How many got two tickets...
8
8