Subject Author Posted Replies

Door latch not working
We have a solid oak door between the kitchen and the utility room. The door was bought by us, brand new and with no holes for the handle and latch mechanism. It was fitted by our builders as part of...
6
6

Builders.
They seem back to work round here. Couple of doors down are having a new front garden path laid. Builders using picks and shovels to break up the old - rather than a Kango. Both were wearing ear...
5
5

nice wee fire
Tricky during 4 inches of rain ... :-) Burning what ?. Polystyrene packaging, bodies, unwanted free food , MOT failed Suzuki's, ... :-)
9
9

Steam bending oak
My query is..... is it possible to steam bend white oak more than once if required? Not having bent any wood before I was wondering, if, in the event that that it springs back too much, is it possible...
8
8

OT - Space-X
What are those astronauts wearing? They look like "workwear" rather than presure suits - so why the helmet with visor?
18
18

Fault with Mira Excel Shower
shower stopped working. i dismantel shower,not cartridge, and cleaned. turnon shower worked for approx 20 seconds then stopped. cannot get it to work
3
3

Ear Wax viewer
Some six weeks ago, someone asked whether anyone had ordered one of these devices. I was having possible ear-wax problems in one ear, I decided to get one. It took six weeks to come. I think the 'slow...
74
74

You can trust the fridge...
can't though, can you? We've learned that. I got home from work today, other half upstairs having a soak. In the kitchen i'm confronted with the smell of something electrical about to set on fire,...
27
27

Re: bloody ot computers
what ? ...

Yard Brush
I think this could make a good doctoral thesis subject. What are wanting to sweep up? What surface are you trying to sweep? Inside on smooth vynl tiles and fine dry dust a 2 to 3" long soft bristol...
15
15

bloody ot computers
Could be, I have not noticed any slowing down nor long delays downloading streaming services but then we are on FTTC with just a few hundred yards along copper wires. Quite a few are on VM and most...
2
2

eurosec CP8L alarm - Replacement Battery failing?
Has you alarm box got any fuses. Check if a fuse to the battery hasn't gone open circuit.
1
1

Exterior wood dye
I want to stain some pine cones, it is recommended to use food colouring but that was useless. I am looking for brightish reds/blue /green and will be for outdoor use, I dont want to paint them. Also...
6
6

Kudos rad. - bleed nipple
Good point.
11
11

Dry (no-mortar) roof ridge tiles
Hi, Does anyone have any experience of these type of tiles? It just seems like a bonkers idea to me. Surely they'll let all the rain in and get blown off the first time there's a gale? Or am I just...
12
12