Subject Author Posted Replies

Plug in RCD downstream of an RCBO CU
Hi All, Since my "power" circuits got upgraded to the then gold standard 17th edition about 10 years back with all circuits on RCD or RCBO protection, I've consigned my plug in RCDs to the cupboard....
6
6

Which MCBs interchangeable with Rolec?
I need to replace a Rolec B16 MCB for the aux output in an EV charger with a C16 but can't find anything that tells me which other manufacturers are physically identical - can anyone here help?
10
10

RCD to protect hedge trimmer
I bought a 2 gang RCD socket from Screwfix (code 3133J) to replace a 2 gang socket in the garage which I use to power the hedge trimmer. Once I got it home the installation guide says that as it's...
6
6

RCD tripping
One of the RCDs in the split consumer unit tripped yesterday. It was the side I'd previously had a problem with concerning the lighting wiring. Not a good time for a wiring check... However, a quick...
4
4

Sharpening circular saw blades
Any point? (Pun unintended) I changed the blade on my battery powered circular saw the other day and WOW, what a difference. It's always been a bit naff vs a mains one but it's obvious the blade was...
24
24

clapping
Why has the 8 o'clock clapping sessions now degraded into letting off fireworks in the street?
41
41

Wanted, simple mains powered water pump for garden
Is there such a thing? We just want a simple pump with (probably) BSP/Hozelock input and output connectors for moving water from one water butt to another and/or pumping water into the greenhouse....
21
21

What an hectic day!
Downstairs toilet w/basin has a single tap, using a thermostatic mixer to mix the H&C to a comfortable temperature. Flow from the tap almost ceased yesterday, so yesterday I cleared out a blockage to...
4
4

Door latch not working
We have a solid oak door between the kitchen and the utility room. The door was bought by us, brand new and with no holes for the handle and latch mechanism. It was fitted by our builders as part of...
6
6

Builders.
They seem back to work round here. Couple of doors down are having a new front garden path laid. Builders using picks and shovels to break up the old - rather than a Kango. Both were wearing ear...
5
5

nice wee fire
Tricky during 4 inches of rain ... :-) Burning what ?. Polystyrene packaging, bodies, unwanted free food , MOT failed Suzuki's, ... :-)
9
9

Steam bending oak
My query is..... is it possible to steam bend white oak more than once if required? Not having bent any wood before I was wondering, if, in the event that that it springs back too much, is it possible...
8
8

OT - Space-X
What are those astronauts wearing? They look like "workwear" rather than presure suits - so why the helmet with visor?
18
18

Fault with Mira Excel Shower
shower stopped working. i dismantel shower,not cartridge, and cleaned. turnon shower worked for approx 20 seconds then stopped. cannot get it to work
3
3

Ear Wax viewer
Some six weeks ago, someone asked whether anyone had ordered one of these devices. I was having possible ear-wax problems in one ear, I decided to get one. It took six weeks to come. I think the 'slow...
74
74