Subject Author Posted Replies

Peak Save by British Gas
I notice BG are operating something called Peak Save again this month. It claims to offer 'Half Price electricity on sunday's between 11 am and 4 pm. Has anyone used this already?
4
4

Can we convert this old Acer Laptop to chromebook
Have found a very old Acer Laptop at the back of a cupboard. Aspire One Happy Is this spec on it enough to do so? it has windows 7 on it. and intel atom N455 1.6GHZ 512 KB cache memory 1GB storage...
23
23

Name the mystery object
Found in a shed. like a signalling lamp of some sort. White bulb with a reflector. Looks to be mains powered. Also comes with a blue bulb and a red bulb. Blue makes me think it might be associated...
5
5

OT: Fooled by AI
I needed to call the NS&I helpline to get my registered telephone number changed in order to then receive an OTP. The landline number they had for me was in the form +44 01xxxx and I wasn't getting...
12
12

Painting small chips
This morning I've just introduced some paint into a few small (1 to 2mm) chips in the car's paintwork and a small chip on a freezer door. For the first time I used sprayed the paint on a bit of...

TEE track
I have the 'standsrd' tee track let into my bench top but wish to use the TREND PH/CLAMP/QR - UNIVERSAL QUICK-RELEASE RAIL CLAMP (PAIR) which have bigger dimensions. Their tongue is 11 x 83mm whci...
2
2

Need to drill small holes
I have a need to drill 400 holes in a 5mm Foamex sheet (pvc faced foam core) About 100 of them are 0.03" (~0.75mm) and another 100 are 0.04" (~1.0mm) My DeWalt cordless is a bit heavy for this task,...
11
11

Roof leak? How to find?
We seem to have a leak of somekind on the roof. My husband has been in the attic and on the roof to try and find it, but he cant. It only happens after heavy rain and it usually starts to drip ( I can...
17
17

Natural Philosopher update BBC and Absolute radio streaming URLS?
The radio 4 one I have been using has gone, do you have updates? thanks for the previous link
10
10

uPVC double glazing issues
A few issues that I hope to have sorted before the winter so advice and suggestions welcomed: 1) Kitchen window has internal condensation (ie inside the sealed unit) as well as doesn't shut tightly...
17
17

Replacing wood section,advice
I may need to replace a small section of wood on an external window frame, approx 2x2 x 3 inches. I have stripped the paint off and allowing it to dry just now. If I need to replace it should I treat...
6
6

Stuff doesn't last these days
We bought the cheapest microwave we could find, & 42 years later it goes "Phutt". Disgusting I calls it.
27
27

OT; Argos click-n-collect
A relative is in a bit of a pinch, I could do with purchasing an el-cheapo mobile phone for him, thinking I can probably buy one from argos website, and pay for it ... does anyone know how the...
9
9

Desktop fan motor and spindle getting hot
The fan that I use the most in my office/3rd bedroom seems to seize up regularly and then needs to be taken apart so I can drip some 3-in-one onto the bearings. Normally I have to do this every year,...
7
7

Head torch advice
I've been asked to get a head torch. The user will be crawling around in the back of computers a _lot_, so definitely rechargeable and a flood beam rather than a spot. Suggestions? Andy
10
10