Subject Author Posted Replies

Re: New Zealand a step closer to recession as GDP suffers biggest fall in 29 years
And why do we need analysts to tell us the bleeding obvious? Lockdown = Lower GDP.
2
2

A gear question.
One for the engineers here. The original Lucas starter motor on my old Rover has a 9 tooth pinion measuring 25mm diameter, top of tooth to top of tooth. Have bought an aftermarket replacement. That is...
33
33

Built-in microwave ventilation
I think I need a 4cm x 57cm* extractor fan arrangement to provide an airflow above a built-in microwave. Without it, the microwave would be in essentially a sealed box. Any ideas if these are...
15
15

New Zealand a step closer to recession as GDP suffers biggest fall in 29 years
New Zealand a step closer to recession as GDP suffers biggest fall in 29 years By Tracy Withers, 6/18/20 New Zealand's GDP suffered its biggest fall since 1991 as the pandemic began to bite in the 1st...

Can anyone tell me what this bolt is please
Good evening to all. A dropbox pic here: 'm trying to put an old Wolf TG8B double ended 8 inch bench grinder back in harness. Something of a challenge as it has been out in the weather for about 15...
17
17

OT: chiming clocks
Another mad question for the Covid -19 era: We were discussing ... Is it possible to build a mechanical clock that does not chime through the night?
14
14

Running a vaccum cleaner at low power
Gentlemen, I need a bit of vaccum for a one-off experiment so it's not worth ordering a bespoke vaccum pump for. I have an upright vaccum cleaner that puts out (according to the back panel) 1800W at...
29
29

Acid Strength
Hi, Go to a builders' suppliers or a plumbers' merchants and you can buy concentrated sulphuric and concentrated hydrochloric acid. Sulphuric is concidered concentrated at 98% or more; hydrochloric at...
32
32

Re: O.T ....Out today ....
gosh it has been hard staying in....tee hee === So, where will you go now you are released? :))
10
10

Why cn't card shops open?
At least that is what I have been told. It is incomprehensible, as cards are sold in supermarkets and a few other "multiple" sales shops.
33
33

Cutting Glass
I need to cut some glass 4.5mm (a mirror), do I need to score both sides or just one side. Can I use washing up liquid for lubricant instead of oil ?
40
40

Painting inside my stone shed
The same shed I am fixing up. Stone and rubble walls, pretty rough. I thought I would paint the insides white. Obv there is plenty of damp coming up from the ground. Someone told me that if you don't...
11
11

Any keen gardeners around?
Our rather large lawn is partially under large trees (over the fence unfortunately) and therefore tends to have a lot of moss growing over the winter. Also the soil there is not of very good quality....
14
14

Single Lever Pull Out Spray Kitchen Sink Mixer Tap
Just wondering about any known issues with this type of Kitchen tap? We have just recently fitted one and also recently have noticed an off taste to the water. Correllation is not causation, I know,...
6
6

Re: ASCII Art
Yeah I remember I got a severe bollocking one year when I printed off a few huindred pages of what I thought was some very original "Christmas Wrapping paper".
7
7