Subject Author Posted Replies

LiveCams
What would be handy during these times would be livecams that were popular at one time (are they still?). Placed where there might be a queue, outside the DIY sheds for example (keeping it almost on...
7
7

Lawn mower engine running unevenly
Hi All, A quick update on my mower - thought I would start a new thread in case the specifics helps someone else in the future The mower started first time - I was amazed. However... The engine runs...
42
42

A gear question.
Egg on face time. There is indeed an offset on the WOSP motor. Near enough 4mm - which would give the gear more clearance than the difference between the two pinions which are 25mm and 29mm diameter,...
2
2

Using SWA in the garden
I recall seeing a YouTube video supposedly by a professional electrician where he ran SWA to an outbuilding and rather than bury it he ran it on the surface beneath shrubs where no body would be doing...
18
18

discarding old paint tins
what to do you can't put them in the normal rubbish you can't put them in the recycling you can "recycle" them by letting the contents dry out and take them to the household recycling centre. But I'm...
74
74

OT: Anyone here got / had a Skoda Fabia? Thoughts please?
Hi all, Daughters trusty 1.2 Corsa forges on with a second hand alternator and 205,000+ miles under it's belt but it's not going to do so for ever. So, we are thinking about a potential replacement...
27
27

Paint emulsions, vinyl and contract
I had a massive tub of brilliant white emulsion part used and I gave it to the bloke helping with painting and he said no, don't want to use that, it isn't vinyl emulsion, it's contract emulsion. He...
10
10

Vax maxpower carpet cleaner.
Hi can anyone help. I?ve cleaned lounge carpet fine, emptying and refilling, but this last one the water tank didn?t want to come out. There was still some water in there but I wanted to fill it as...
1
1

What's the point of a triangular awning?
On Sun, 21 Jun 2020 12:27:35 -0400, micky wrote: My wife just uses a piece of small rope. That way it can double as a clothes line. You have to stand just right to be in the shade, though.
30
30

Series wound DC motor.
Or rather a series wound motor running on 12v DC. Or so. It's about car starter motors. I had one with a faulty drive (it's a reduction gearbox type) and was given an identical one with a supposed...
13
13

PIR LED lamp - blown ?
Have a few "Auraglow" motion activated night LED lamps for hallways etc. Finally changed the batteries in one that lives outside over the bin. It was working fine in the day when I cupped it in my...
2
2

Sharpening hair clippers
Hi all, I have had a set of hair clippers for years but hardly ever used them. In the current lockdown I dug them out but they struggle to cut any hair at all despite the blades seemingly working ok....
21
21

Re: ot katie
Strewth! Katie gives her first, exclusive, interview to Outsiders following her ban from Twitter for using the well-known Blackadder line"Hung like a baboon". She also talks about 2020 so far, the...
4
4

Resin Bound Gravel
Folks, I have a small gravel patch outside my back door. At times we seem to get more gravel tramped into the house so I was thinking of resin bonding it. Has any one else done this themselves or had...
3
3

DIY DIY power tool batteries
A quick heads up... on my travels around Aliexpress I came across sellers like this: 'dawupine official store') One interesting thing they sell is kits for building your own power tool batteries. For...
1
1