Subject Author Posted Replies

Over-priced eBay items?
I occasionally see items listed with a truly preposterous price. An example of such is this lathe chuck, for £1750!: My question is: is there a reason that people do this? No mug is going to b uy it...
19
19

OT: What is the point in a tracker you take out of your car?
Just saw on "The Grand Tour" them mentioning cars where they take the tracker into the house along with the keys. Surely it should stay in the car?
2
2

6 volt motor power source
Hi. Can I use via to power a 6 volt dc motor? Cheers. BKL - 10080100 - BKL 10080100 Assembled Micro USB B Plug with Open Cable End Straight -

BKL Electronics 10080100 This cable...

73
73

OT: Prefab concrete buildings and PRC certificates
We are trying to sell a building that was originally built as a prefab by t he council in the war years. Since then it has been 'converted' to hae nor mal bricks etc on the outside, so AFAIK is as...
5
5

Reasonably priced crimp tool for Torberry Powerpole connectors
I'm an occasional user of Torberry Powerpole connectors, usually the 30 amp ones. I usually solder them but that's not always so easy when I'm using them away from the house (and power). Torberry sell...
2
2

OT - Ebay buy it now auction
I've put my old car on ebay as an auction with a "But it now" price. I thought that if somebody clicked the Buy it now button the auction would stop and that person became the buyer and all other bids...
5
5

Outlook 2019 - emails double deliveries
Some weeks ago, there was some sort of corruption of my email login to Plusnet's mail server, which stopped the arrival of email. When I had sorted this out, Outlook downloaded duplicate copies of all...
4
4

Facemasks
With face coverings compulsory in some locations, I wondered about 'disposable' facemasks. The instructions are to replace these after eight hours and to dispose of them with enormous care. Would...
39
39

OT: Why are printers constantly redesigned with no improvements?
There were plenty of other film manufacturers back in the day. Ilford Agfa Konica... cf The point is that they were all made to common standards, there was little attempt to make film and cameras...
44
44

OT: its midday and its midsummer...but...
Only 3.4GW of solar power.. Goes right along with the 'Use two extra stops on your lens' (4 times less light) when its overcast.. God, renewable energy is such utter crap. Wind is not much better at...
64
64

Struts Noggins Joists.
I had a bulge in an upstairs floor and have removed some chipboard floor panels to rectify. The joists below are split into two parallel sections. The divide being over a concrete lintel, about 30cm...
13
13

bluetooth audio
Looking for a cheap and cheerful bluetooth audio receiver that powers-on in receive mode. I have a couple of £2 chinese ones, but they start up needing a button press for 3 seconds, something the...
2
2

Sealing a block drive - any hints'n'tips?
We got a new drive laid in January - blocks (setts). By normal standards it's a small drive, about 6m by 3m I now want to seal it. I've (of course!) consulted Tony McCormack, The Paving Expert, at and...
3
3

Crivit Shade Sail
Do you still have the box and the receipt? Cheers, T i m
19
19

Wickes
Went to my local one today. Screens round the cashiers looked like they'd been put up by a newbie DIYer with only a hammer in his toolbox.
13
13