Subject Author Posted Replies

Quinetic switches are strange
I have a 2-gang Quinetic switch in the lounge. One side is for the ceiling light, the other for the wall lights. One evening about 6 months ago - and 3 months after it was fitted - the ceiling light...
11
11

Flooded electrics
+1
24
24

Mixing concrete (Aldi mixer), procedure.
> > That's certainly the grade and length of chain you'd expect for that > > sort of job; but no, there's nothing like a locking pin anywhere. > > It's actually one of the machines's disadvantages...
5
5

Viewing 4TB hard drive with 32 bit system
That should work, I'm not sure about the limit since I am sure a friends drive was over 2tb and I could read it on Windows 7 64bit, but maybe it depends on how it was prepared. Brian
20
20

Plastic Rod 9mm dia
I have a toilet seat and cover that are connected by a rod running through them. It is about six inches, say 15cm long. The original flexible plastic rod broke after 30 years. Th nearest replacement...
5
5

Tumble Dryer Trips RCD
These days Beko are not the dogs they used to be.I'd suspect water or some kind of motor issue myself. Can you measure anything if you whip out the plug and test the leakage between the pins before...
16
16

OT: memory sticks
Depends on the speed of the stick and if the socket is USB1 2 or three. Brian
36
36

Car battery charger
I had to put a bleeper across my indicators in one van I had because the engine was so loud I couldn't hear the tick-tock thing. Bill
38
38

Is it time to give up?
New starter cannot get the screwdriver to work. A PZ2 does not fit a slotted screw.
17
17

Cost to replace a TV aerial
Leaving aside the possible confusion between Rawlbolts and Rawlplugs, Sky dishes present minimal loading and windage. Take a look at (read the commentary) and Bill
40
40

Ethernet link
Some time ago, I asked about setting up a link between two properties - ove r and down a road. Not a huge distance. Line of sight except when a lorry i s delivering something. A direct connection...
32
32

12mm to 10mm adapter
Is such a thing available? I wish to connect 10mm copper pipe to a water heater with a 12mm connection. Is there an easy way ? I'm not great at soldering.
21
21

OT rant - rubble sacks
About a month into lockdown I did some DIY and used 2 very thick rubble sacks for the results of the destruction. They have been sitting in the garden untouched since but today I though it may be a...
8
8

bad news for angle grinders - 'uncuttable' material
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-8540427/British-engineers-create-worlds-uncuttable-material.html
21
21

Laser receivers
I have a Bosch GCL-25 cross-line laser, and was under the impression I could buy one of the LR-x receivers to use with it, but none of them say they're compatible with my laser, I think because the...
11
11