Subject Author Posted Replies

Eco 4 solar and heat pumps.
I live in the SW of England and we are off grid for gas. We currently have E7. I have retired recently. OH is retired. We got a call from some company or other saying we could qualify for Eco 4 solar...
42
42

Oops, typo.
From today's Freecycle posts. A little checking before sending would have made a big difference: "Annie Sloan chalk paint - Aubusson Blue. About 2/3 of a ton. Plus small amount of the finishing...
17
17

Access question
I know there is an immense amount of knowledge in this group, so I shall ask the question. I have a membership database on Access. The address is configured in three fields: (1) home address (up to...
16
16

Suddenly getting lots of adverts in Youtube
I have a Sony smart TV, circa 2017 build and have been watching YouTube videos for some time. This morning the home page was predominantly nonsense stuff intended for kids and the search facility was...
7
7

Bicycle suspension
I have a dipladidated bike to do up for a local kid. It has some sort of suspension in the front fork; it's slightly springy, but I think it's too stiff to do anything so I'm wondering about...
15
15

Where to buy 46mm (1 3/16") column for drill?
I need a taller column for my pillar drill, it's 46mm diameter (which is maybe 1 3/16"). Does anyone have any idea where I might buy such a thing at not too silly a price?
8
8

roomba
I had a roomba years ago, before the kids came home (They might as well sweep as anything) As we have dogs here, it kept getting clogged with dog hair,) Now that one of them has left again, I am...
1
1

Does anyone have a copy of…
… “101 fun things to do with a 70 year old mechanical calculator”? I’m sure it must be out there somewhere but until then, any suggestions? Bought a Brunsviga model 20 on a whim to remind me...
6
6

Farewell Brum!
Birmingham City Council has formally declared itself in financial distress - confirming in a statement that all new spending, with the exception of protecting vulnerable people and statutory services,...
14
14

Cast cement coping stone sealant.
Hello all, I have some (what I presume are) cast cement coping stones on a new wall. They leave a grey dust on your skin / clothes after sitting / brushing against them. Can anyone recommend a sealant...
9
9

Why don't they do this for bike races?
How fast your bike can go? This one can do 64 km/h and that is impressive. It can't be used for everyday ride but it is a cool project just for fun. Hope you enjoy this video. If you like this video...
34
34

20 Mechanical Principles combined in a Useless Lego Machine
popped up in my feed - thought it might amuse some. Useless machine that utilizes different mechanical principles. Enjoy! 00:00 Schmidt coupling 00:17 Constant-velocity joint (CV joint) 00:30...
4
4

Curved patio bad cuts
Hi All I am tiling our patio (900x600x20 porcelain tiles) which has an elongated S shaped curve in it formed by a small rendered wall that the tiles will butt up to. The likelihood of me being able to...
20
20

Worst mistake as a child?
Mine was oiling my bike brake blocks to stop them squeaking.
30
30

Recommendations for synthetic deck boards?
We have a small (2.3 x 2.0 m) deck built right on the base of the lean-to greenhouse that came with the house. Some of the treated timbers boards are getting soft spots and crumbly corners. I'm...
4
4