Subject Author Posted Replies

Wax on sunroofs
Have just been polishing my car - and the wax says not to use on glass. I understand that wax can cause funny things to happen on windscreens, so fair enough as a bit of advice. But is it sensible for...
1
1

Has anyone coma across plans for Climbing Frames anywhere?
I'm thinking of building a climbing frame for our grandson and, while we can probably come up with some reasonable ideas, some sort of plan and recommendations for materials etc. would be useful. Has...
4
4

feckin' windows 10
anybody just had an update and now their mouse has stopped working?.....did this not happen before?...fecked up a load of drivers?.....hate bloody computers...
63
63

Actual LED TVs? do they exist? (2023 Update)
Are any TVs just LED? Or is LED just a backlight to an LCD panel? I thought they'd invented TVs where every dot was a tricolour LED, but I can't find any such thing.
27
27

Replacing LEDs in strip lights
I use this sort of thing: When they eventually fail, it's the LEDs that have gone. Isn't it possible to buy a strip of LEDs to slide into it instead of buying a new power supply and chassis aswell?...

septic tank regs 2020
Can anyone explain to me in very simple terms what the new septic tank regs are? I have been looking on you tube and found a site which said all old eptic tanks have to be replaced regardless of how...
24
24

UFH query (bathroom zone on CH return)
The abandoned bathroom project is looming on the horizon after about 15 years of remaining a stripped out cave so I'm addressing the heating dilema... The house refurb started off with a 4 zone UFH...

Paint matching questions
There is minor damage to the wall of our close (common stairway for readers in England). I'm just wondering how to carry out a temporary repair. The Factors (managing agents) claim that matching the...
37
37

Gram Input
Hi All, Back in the day when I were too poor to born (I were knitted by the WRVS an d dropped throuh?t letterbox when me mam weren?t looking). My ?HiFi? Consisted of a busted Dansette clone with no...
26
26

New London taxis glued together.
There was an interesting program about making London taxis on Channel 4 on Saturday night. The main taxi body is made up from various bits of aluminium which are glued together. The glue has to be...
27
27

Tin of bitumen
I have inherited a very old 5l tin of Evode rubberised bituminous waterproofer that's the consistency of very thick treacle. It must be at least 25 years old, I should think. If I can add a little...
11
11

SDS died?
My SDS (Lucky Screwfix Hedgehog) has started making a loud chattering noise, there seems to be a lot of play on the bits sliding in and out of the SDS chuck, and it's not chiselling as effectively as...
3
3

non slip rubber - what is the non-slippiest?
I do a bit of windsurfing and the masts have got narrower over the years. I have an adapter that goes on the mast and then the clamp on the boom clamps to the adapter. Unfortunately the adapter is...
13
13

Flat roof question.
Flat roofs in Germany are ?always made to force ponding for some reason. On a Grand Designs program, from many years ago, a house in East London was given an expensive makeover with a big extension...
41
41

OT: Skeletons of the Mary Rose: the New "Evidence"
Did anyone else see this hilarious Channel 4 "documentary" "proving" that the Mary Rose had an African crew? How they managed to pack so much BS into one hour is nothing short of astounding! It should...
18
18