Subject Author Posted Replies

Karcher 2.110
I know I have asked some obscure questions on this group over the years, and I am always grateful for the advice. I was given a Karcher 2.110. I am having problems attaching the hose to the machine....
11
11

Win 10 not seeing new hardware.
MB is a Gigabyte Z490 VISION G 4.8GHz Intel i7 10700 - 32GB RAM OS Win10 Pro - fresh install on a new SSD. MB is near new and Bios version dated a couple of months back. New hardware is a graphics...
17
17

fitbo
what do you think of the mental stupid dummy doric fitba players ?
1
1

Source of M3 screws for Guitar tuner peg?
The screw that holds the cog on one of the tuners on my wife's acoustic guitar has disappeared. The others are M3, black, phillips or pozi, raised countersunk, length is 8mm overall (but the length of...
29
29

MIT Engineers Discover How Shaving Soft Hair Dulls Even the Sharpest of Razors
Human hair is 50 times softer than steel, yet it can chip away a razor?s edge, a new study shows. Razors, scalpels, and knives are commonly made from stainless steel, honed to a razor-sharp edge and...
19
19

25mm flexible overflow pipe for washbasin - where to get it?
Some mice have eaten the overflow pipe on my M-I-L's wasbasin, there's very little of it left! So (as well as dealing with the mice) I need to replace the pipe. I can't see anything that looks like...
7
7

using a 12V car tyre inflator on the mains via PSU adapter
Hi Tim I actually picked up one of those at the weekend - and after about half an hour of experimenting it went back to Homebase for a refund. - the nozzles didn't fit the pool intakes (grr...) - I...
36
36

Ebay - Express Delivery option?
I'm on a desperately poor /slow Internet connection, so struggling with a purchase I need urgently. Can anyone tell me for sure in the Ebay purchase process, the Express Delivery option should apprear...
14
14

electricity distribution
I'm just a nosy bastard. But... There are two substations, about a mile apart. One is on a pair of wooden poles; the other is in a big box on the ground. They are both fed from the same 11,000V...
16
16

Rusting gatepost - crazy repair idea
This gatepost has some serious rust holes in it - they're not all that easy to see on this photo but they're about 8cm across: Given the state of the thing and the fact it's in a coastal location I...
21
21

OT if a job needs doing then I do it.
Cherry picker delivered to a block of flats and not the hospital I was working at. So fuck it I drove it down the main road to where I needed it. I now know how farmers feel when driving a tractor on...
15
15

Asus notebook wont boot up.
Some people can't not. ;-) That's good (I have several). I have an Asus EEC PC4G by my foot as I type. ;-) I have several MSI Winds and a couple of Fujitsu Q550's. ;-) Yup, I have used them where I...
60
60

quality broadcast .....
1
1

Camera adapter ring
How difficult do you think it would be to get an adapter ring 0.25" width, with 25mm x32 internal thread and 28mm x32 external thread. Well it is nigh on impossible, although the threads are standard...
8
8

Dyson DC07
Any household chore gods there? Currently have a fine Dyson DC07 and I like the way the carpets feel and look groomed after its use. However, It is very heavy and I think I would like something...
20
20