Subject Author Posted Replies

plastic door....s on topic
are are plastic doors prone to expanding and warping in the heat and sun?....can't get mine to close and lock here at the static van in the blazing sun.....anybody else had this problem......only ever...
6
6

Graphene batteries.
Previous Samsung graphene video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Go2g_BNpG_Y Gary Explains video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIMegpibt1M --- About ColdFusion --- ColdFusion is an Australian based...
5
5

Gluing Aluminium
I have some cast aluminium garden chairs. The screw holding one of the arms got loose and I forgot to tighten it. Yesterday the top of the arm snapped off, leaving the screw in place. I have the arm...
25
25

Wood type for garden bench?
I need to replace the rotten wood on my steel framed garden bench but am un sure what type to use. I don't intend to paint it (as I've wasted too much time painting wood in the past and it still...
20
20

Tumble Dryer Belt
The belt on my tumble dryer Hotpoint FTCD 871 broke, noted the part number , got a replacement. Youtube has videos of how to dismantle and replace the thing, I found one which was pretty close, and...
9
9

OT: VBA COM ports > 9 [Windows 10]
Sorry, much OT but you're a clever lot! I'm trying to open a COM port in VBA (Excel) using: Open COMString For Binary Access Read Write As #1 Where COMString is "COM2:500000,N,8,1" Now this works fine...
2
2

Karcher 2.110
I know I have asked some obscure questions on this group over the years, and I am always grateful for the advice. I was given a Karcher 2.110. I am having problems attaching the hose to the machine....
11
11

Win 10 not seeing new hardware.
MB is a Gigabyte Z490 VISION G 4.8GHz Intel i7 10700 - 32GB RAM OS Win10 Pro - fresh install on a new SSD. MB is near new and Bios version dated a couple of months back. New hardware is a graphics...
17
17

fitbo
what do you think of the mental stupid dummy doric fitba players ?
1
1

Source of M3 screws for Guitar tuner peg?
The screw that holds the cog on one of the tuners on my wife's acoustic guitar has disappeared. The others are M3, black, phillips or pozi, raised countersunk, length is 8mm overall (but the length of...
29
29

MIT Engineers Discover How Shaving Soft Hair Dulls Even the Sharpest of Razors
Human hair is 50 times softer than steel, yet it can chip away a razor?s edge, a new study shows. Razors, scalpels, and knives are commonly made from stainless steel, honed to a razor-sharp edge and...
19
19

25mm flexible overflow pipe for washbasin - where to get it?
Some mice have eaten the overflow pipe on my M-I-L's wasbasin, there's very little of it left! So (as well as dealing with the mice) I need to replace the pipe. I can't see anything that looks like...
7
7

using a 12V car tyre inflator on the mains via PSU adapter
Hi Tim I actually picked up one of those at the weekend - and after about half an hour of experimenting it went back to Homebase for a refund. - the nozzles didn't fit the pool intakes (grr...) - I...
36
36

Ebay - Express Delivery option?
I'm on a desperately poor /slow Internet connection, so struggling with a purchase I need urgently. Can anyone tell me for sure in the Ebay purchase process, the Express Delivery option should apprear...
14
14

electricity distribution
I'm just a nosy bastard. But... There are two substations, about a mile apart. One is on a pair of wooden poles; the other is in a big box on the ground. They are both fed from the same 11,000V...
16
16