Subject Author Posted Replies

1950's LEC fridge failed just now on defrost. Need vintage fridge expert to fix
Our fridge which has been running for many years has failed to work since we last defrosted it. Looking for a vintage fridge expert to help fix it please? Any details of someone who can help greatly...
6
6

Stainless Steel Sink
Any recommended way of smartening up a scatched sink?
19
19

1950’s LEC fridge
Our fridge which has been running for many years has failed to work since we last defrosted it. Looking for a vintage fridge expert to help fix it please? Any details of someone who can help greatly...

Heating - 3 Port Valve
Can the innards (ball) be damaged by power washing? Mate has a system where the heating pipe gets hot even though (he claims) he has removed the motor head and manually turned the valve to Hot Water...
19
19

caps ?
with regard to caps in an old radio is it better to keep a radio switched on or switched off or is degradation just age dependant?
12
12

Is that a 2m distanced building site induction?
it fuck. 1st photo is the site manger telling the bloke in the orange jumper that there is an off-licence with a BOGOF offer on cheap cider and giving him directions to the off licence. 2nd photo is...

Oil CH boiler installation - position of Tiger Loop?
My apologies for coming back again ! I installed the predecessor to this boiler 25+ years ago so cannot specifically remember quite what instructions I got from the company that sold me the boiler and...
1
1

Guocera Ashton Beige Floor tiles
I have barely enough floor tiles by Guocera, in ASTON BEIGE. If the tiler is brill, he might just have enough to cover 2 porches, but ideally would like a couple or so 'spares'. I can't seem to locate...
1
1

Aging copper
How could you age a recently hard silver soldered joint in copper so that it blends in to the old copper and does not look like a new joint?
16
16

Drayton Valves - How can these be the same item?
Hi Guys Just looking at replacing my Drayton TRVs and have a ridiculous range of prices for what appears to be the same item(s). £20.78 £34.64 £31.98 £30 So £21 to £35 - maybe £21 = chinese...
6
6

wireless charging?
New 2020 Renault Zoe R110 ZE 50 5 Door Auto from £189.99 inc VAT a month!!! NO DEPOSIT from £244.99 inc VAT a Month!!! Standard specification includes wireless charging, wireless charging how does...
4
4

Update - the Variac Went Up in Smoke!
Astute readers will recall I was attempting to get an old variac up to modern safety standards. Well, it just spewed out a great deal of acrid smoke and is now reposing in the dustbin. The only thing...
12
12

Cable clipping trunked T&E
I'm replacing wiring to a socket that was run on a spur underneath the carpet (!). I have some skirting trunking that will take care of running it around the edge of the room, and I'm planning to...
2
2

Undated Kodachrome slides ? date
Just been looking through some boxes of other peoples old slides that I bought a few years ago in house clearance shops. One box has a mix of slides marked 'made in england' with no obvious date. I...
31
31

Replacing (quartz) clock mechanism
Over the years our battery ticking kitchen clock has become - to use the technical term - fucked. Presumably something to do with unequal wear and tear etc. Looking at the back, there's a legend...
12
12