Subject Author Posted Replies

OT Biggles
I used to read Biggles books when a child, but this is quite an eye-opener: Who scuttled Rod Macaster’s cabin cruiser at its moorings, and how did the smell of burning peat come to pervade the...
12
12

florabest 40v battery FAP 40 AI
Were can i purchase one of these please.

Battery Repair
I have a number of garden tools powered by EGO Power+ 56V power packs. The largest of which - 5Ah I use on my mower has becoming faulty ... mower works for a while then stops with 'overload lights on...
5
5

TomTom query
When I was on holiday we were staying at a farm cottage, well off the road network. I set up the location using grid reference instead. This worked fine for getting to the cottage, correctly showing...
5
5

How to set light to your toes
Earlier in the year I went to light the BBQ, only to realise that the coal tray had pretty much rusted right through, and had massive holes in it. I managed to bodge a repair by laying a bit of scrap...
8
8

OT: Before you buy that new EV.....
Just consider this: The Biden Administration’s EV push comes with safety risks to infrastructure and increased costs. The Biden Administration’s EV push comes with safety risks to infrastructure...
106
106

Suspended shelf construction
I'm building a suspended shelf which will hold a hefty (14kg) video projector. There's a picture of a previous, less substantial, version at Fixing it securely to the ceiling joists will be no problem...
55
55

Gloves for brambles
A recommendation, rather than an ask, bought a set of these leather/kevlar gloves for under a tenner (make sure to select the 6044 green version). <>They make your hands *absolutely* *invincible*...
37
37

Scam?
Track your package alert from Amazon. Clicked on the button which took me to the Amazon page offering e-mail or mobile phone login. They have my mobile number so I duly entered it. Not recognised came...
8
8

Missing tabs for electric socket
I've got a couple of electric sockets mounted on plasterboard that have one of the yellow tabs missing that is used to grip the back box to the plasterboard so the sockets are only held by the one...
6
6

Banks' websites
I have been analysing my Halifax bank statement to identify any items that ought to be included in my tax return. I identified everything except two small credits marked AYDEN NV. This appears to be...
2
2

Probelms with Bluetooth
This posting was originally posted to But I know there is quite a depth of computer knowledge in this NG, so I thought it worthwhile to re-post it here. The N.H.S have issued me with new hearing aids...
6
6

Peugeot 207 HDi 2010 fuse box diagram
Hi, I'm trying to locate the fuse for the front/rear washer motor. The diagram here: nothing like what's in my car. There are loads more fuses in my box. Anyone got any clues for the proper drawing? I...
6
6

OT: Overhead domestic powerline question
While idly staring into space through my sitting room window, my gaze lit upon the 3-phase overhead distribution system for the estate. I have two questions: There are four wires, one for each phase...
25
25

OT: energy infrastructure
The recent fuss about moving the requirements to go energy-efficient from 2030 to 2035 seem to have missed the point, or else there has been a discussion that I have not seen. If most of us have to...
179
179