Subject Author Posted Replies

Worktops
Can anyone recommend a good brand of laminate worktops, please? Because of the washing machine, they have to be 630mm deep (or breakfast bar) and 3.6 or 4m long. At first, Duropal looked good then I...
17
17

Help, washing machine hot water valve faulty
Got a new washing machine and only accepts cold water, old fitting include hot, the hot water valve is faulty, turned water off in flat at stopcock, should be ok right, wrong hot water comes via combi...
20
20

bloody white
Jim, Put a sheet of newspaper down on the table to give some sort of pattern for the mouse to work against. What it does is to take and record a snapshot, then takes another, and so on, and calculates...
6
6

17 Million mink?
Why so many, what are they bred for, surely not just for fashionable coats?
4
4

Which diamond tipped tile cutter?
I would like to buy a diamond tipped tile cutter to cut some ceramic wall tiles 600x300x10mm for a bathroom. There several products on the market for less than £50. Any recommendations as to which...
9
9

Lighting to a shed
Management is asking for a light on the garden shed. It's around 5 metres from the house with a paving slab patio between the two. There is a possible route round the edge under some block paving and...
59
59

Cleaning paving slabs
We've got a patio made up of light coloured concrete paving slabs with a slightly rough texture. I've used a Karcher power washer to remove the compost that the resident gardener has managed to tread...
24
24

OT: US Election
It's Friday, and we still don't have a result. It's amazing how long men in their 70's can sustain an election.
21
21

Ey up! They're burning coal tonight!
I assume someone has a favourable deal because it must cost more than gas generation. Cheers Dave R
21
21

LED lamps
I have a couple of early LED lamps, with fins and very heavy. Are these as good as (or better than?) the present generation?
31
31

Electronic construction kits
Does anyone here remember what was the precursor to the Philips Radionic series? I am thinking of about 1963 which is a few years before the Philips X20 et seq came about. I lusted after one of those...
58
58

Programming frequency inverter
Changed a blown frequency inverter, machine worked but motor was too fast for our application. Moeller Df4-120-37 It needs a keypad to program it, bought one. I had my nose in the manual thought I was...
6
6

Question for users of milling machines
What type of edge finder do you use (wiggler, split-cylinder or electronic) and can you recommend it?
7
7

External hard drives...
I have all my stuff on a 1tb external drive....yesterday I bought another to back it up...doing it at the moment and it says it will take three and a half hours is this correct or is there a quicker...
93
93

external hard drives
On Sun, 8 Nov 2020 09:44:52 +0000, "Jim GM4 DHJ ..." <> wrote: Like when people think that telling someone trying to reduce the suffering to animals (by not consuming and exploiting...
5
5