Subject Author Posted Replies

Re: Spike
Rich, why did Burt check up on Paul, Rich, and, Rich, what happened to Burt, Rich, when Burt, Rich, checked up on Paul, Rich? Thanks, Rich. http://snipped-for-privacy@thisaintreal.org

Boiler filling loop
We currently have a condensing boiler up in the loft but it's knackered and will be replaced soon with a Worcester Greenstar 30i. The current boiler has a built-in filling loop but as I get older it's...
12
12

OT: cook at home food boxes
Is there any one here who uses (or knows someone who uses) these From what I have seen, I can't help thinking that they are horrendously expensive for what they are and as you are still doing all the...
46
46

Could only have done it with a DNA Profile.
Been searching sixty odd years, looking for details of my birth and I finally got it completed, but only with the aid of DNA matching. I now have 700,000 lines of raw DNA data. It would make a good...
18
18

Incoming Phone cable
I hope to move into a bungalow around the end of January. The entrance is to one side of the building, about halfway up. I would have expected to find the incoming BT line not far from the front door....
27
27

OT: who appoints these idiots?
"In some sectors, moving to zero carbon will represent a cost saving. Electric cars, for instance, will be cheaper to run than petrol or diesel vehicles. Eventually, the same is likely to be true of...
36
36

Bosch PSR 2.4 V, replacement battery.
Replacement correct battery. ESP special batteries ltd. sales line .+44(0)1162413796. 2.4V 3ah Nickel Hydride battery with 2.7 mm wide spade terminals. ESP part Chemistry. NIMH (MSDS data sheet)...
5
5

OT:Flu Jab
This, coupled with evidence that the seasonal flu vaccine appears to be more efficacious when administered in the morning versus the afternoon, So get there early, before all the...
40
40

Elec chainsaw question
Used for 1st time today although purchased 2 years ago. If I am holding the chainsaw in front of me with the `chain` pointing away. So on the righthand side the chain moves away from me, then coming...
60
60

Car electrics question
The indicator on SWMBO's i20 has started playing-up. Indicating right is OK but the flasher sometimes ticks at double speed when indicating left - it's been intermittent for a week or so (never when...
30
30

LED solar powered lights
Hi All, My brother wants some lights to go atop some small pillars in his garden. He?d like LED solar powered. Can anyone recommend any that will work for a few hours operation having charged under...
11
11

Triang Lionel Plastics Engineering Lab.....
There was a plastics kit I wanted at about that time but I'm not sure if it was that one. Instead I got a poxy Gutenberg printing kit with a bust of Gutenberg, a plastic printing press and a plastic...
9
9

Cleaning kitchen extractor filter
We had tenants in our house for 6 months, and they obviously did a lot of frying. The metal mesh filters in the oven extractor hood are very clogged up with grease. I know from experience that these...
22
22

Lights colours and human night vision?
A recent conversation here about emergency lighting that led (excuse the pun) to head torches and the mention of red lights to help preserve night vision when needed. An example of that was we were...
49
49

Air source heating
Anyone had any experience of this? Bill