Subject Author Posted Replies

OT: And yet another reason to go vegan (if any more were needed). ;-(
And yet more examples of how all this 'mass production' of sentient creatures for our consumption and exploitation is coming back to bite them, us and the suppliers. ;-( was watching something on TV...
44
44

B&Q w***ers.
Ordered a basin from B&Q. According to their website in stock in several stores, including my nearest one. Went to look at it, and it was on display - but was told they didn't have it but would be...
25
25

Royal Mail confusion
I'm expecting a package to be delivered. It reached Royal Mail in Chelmsford early this morning. This afternoon, I arranged for Royal Mail to leave it at a neighbour if nobody is here to receive it,...
3
3

Hiosting stuff into loft
In a couple of months shall be downsizing from a 4-bedroom house to a small bungalow. I shall be flooring the loft which will be esential for storage. The existing loft ladder is a flimsy affair. I...
27
27

Fancy an anglepoise lamp anyone?
A snip at £250
12
12

Boiler jobs.
Well the tuits finally reached the required level. Also the forecast advises the boiler won't be missed for a few days. Progress and concerns so far:- A benefit of underfloor heating manifolds is they...
1
1

Grr.
Bought some Knightsbridge flush down lighters from TLC. For GU10 etc lamps. What an a***hole design. The terminal block cover has a machine screw into the steel frame which doesn't line up easily. And...
7
7

Replacement electric shower head time.
Our shower hose has just begun leaking so I have ordered a replacement, but the head is looking rather tired too, so probably time that was replaced too. Present head is one of those with a selector...
2
2

screwfix special electric chain saw £39.99
bought one...no idea why I need two......
13
13

Decent mpact driver bits?
A while back a mate gave me his spare (Makita) impact driver because he'd upgraded all his power tools to the same make / battery. I was building some simple racking yesterday and used it but the few...
33
33

Repairing an electric Oven
I am in the process of repairing my Zanussi ZCV667mx lower oven, it has two ovens. Basically the thermostat has failed meaning the over heat thermostat has also gone. I noticed when looking at the...
10
10

Toilet fill valve
Anybody any idea where I can buy a bottom fill toilet fill valve with a 70mm long tail, 1/2? thread. Struggling to source one and don?t want to replace the toilet. Thanks Bev
7
7

OT youtube reporting
Has anybody tried to report a video on you tube?...there is one at the moment that encourages travel to a holiday location at a time of lockdown in England......The reporting system is a shambles and...
47
47

Tidying cables
I'm about to add a security camera to the back of the house which will mean a fourth Ethernet cable running parallel to three others. Is there any kind of trunking/conduit/whatever that I can fix to...
40
40

How to drill a hole in a noggin half way down a stud partition wall?
Right, I need to drop some networking and coaxial cables down from the loft into a bedroom. Drilling a hole in the ceiling wall plate is easy from the loft side to pass said cables through. half way...
38
38