Subject Author Posted Replies

Two batteries in an 07 Transit diesel
I bought it new and I was surprised to find that two large batteries were wedged together under the seat. They do not have the + terminals connected together. I tried to find out why there were two...
12
12

me
I've apparently been operating on some sort of automatic pilot for about a fortnight, followed by almost complete amnesia. It only became apparent last week. I'm just out of hospital, very confused...
14
14

Free electrical goods from Amazon!
It's a bit of a palaver, but what you do is: Find an item that you want, but select one of the ones from a market place seller that has a non-fused 3 pin plug. One that is 'fulfilled by Amazon'. When...
5
5

"Kinetic door bell"
I'm planning to get a Byron plug-in wireless kinetic door bell to replace the battery powered bellpush wireless set that we've had for a few years. Any comments from those with experience? The problem...
23
23

OT Electric Car Manufacturing
With almost every brand having an Electric Car on the market or coming soon, it leads me to think, are there some generic designs of motor, and controllers that these firms are all using (like Lotus...
7
7

Hand cranked Rawdrill
Here's one I have never heard of before, a hand cranked Rawplug drill. It uses the old manual hammer Rawlbits, bit in a hand cranked hammer drill. It was in spring this year when I picked up this...
9
9

OT wee bint
woo hoo the wee schemie bint got what she has always wanted a closed border....
3
3

Scouring powders
For the past few years I have been buying Vim scouring powder on ebay as it is not available from supermarkets. I mainly use it for cleaning Pyrex dishes that have been in the ovebn. Just now the...
27
27

Built-in freezer.
I am moving to a new home. The interior needs a complete overhaul. We already have a good freezer and would like to take it with us but do not want it to stick out like a sore thumb. Can it be faced...
13
13

OT: Ping Cursitor Doom
Something to cheer you up in these dark days! quite like this, from his Abstract: "The historic chemical data reveal that changes in CO2 track changes in temperature, and therefore climate in contrast...
161
161

Apparent leak on CH system
Every three or four weeks I need to de-air the towel radiator in the bathroom. This is the highest Radiator in the system. A friend, who is a retired plumber, suggested that I have a small leak...
16
16

Wall wart interference
OK so I bought my usual wall warts from Amazon, the sort you plug usb devices in to power them, Unlike usual though these little monsters kick out an incredible amount of rfi on frequencies from long...
13
13

Low gas pressure at boiler
So, fitted the new gas valve to the boiler and the house is warming up nicely now. I set the output pressure on gas valave (abiout 12 mbar), and while I was at it checked the supply pressure on the...
5
5

Lighting Incompatibility?
Gentlemen, Is there some reason why one cannot have flourescent tubes and LED floodlamps running off a common supply? I have found that when paralelling up the LED floodlamps with flouro tubes, the...
45
45

OT Hare coursing
At the risk of giving Tim more air time, could posters consider signing the attached? Mind the wrap. Click this link to sign the petition "Change the law to increase sentencing for Hare coursing and...
106
106