Subject Author Posted Replies

Damp due to neighbour's garage being sloped and driveway raised.
Would anyone be able to take a quick look at the attached pictures and give your opinion on what can be done? And also what cost we would be looking at? 1) The neighbour's drive runs off towards our...
5
5

B and Q Drawer front plastic bracket
The plastic brackets that are attached inside the front of the drawer front are broken. I need to replace them. The drawer is a model It exclusive to B and Q but is 2008 Anyone had the same problem...

OT: Windows 10 account issue
I keep getting an issue after logging on with a pop up message appearing saying there is a problem with my account. On acting on the message up comes a window repeating the message and a button to fix...
8
8

OT looking for a satnav app that zooms in at junctions
I?m looking for an Android satnav app that zooms in the display at junctions where it?s giving an instruction. This is handy for me as my eyesight is not good enough to see the details on a smaller...
13
13

Is 14V cordless sds drill ok for diy?
I see that some cordless sds drills have massive 24V/36V, which makes me wonder how a 14V model would cope with drilling holes through walls
31
31

lightning strike damage
while I remember, I said I'd post these previously. On Friday 25th July about midday in E17 London a friend flat got hit by lightning via their roof aerial. It appears that the lightning went down the...
10
10

Sthil ms260 rebuild
Hi all My sthil ms260 was starting fine but overheating and cutting out. My local garden machinery repair place told me it was because the piston/cylinder was scratched and as this would probably have...
28
28

G9 LED
I have had a bit of a saga converting from halogen to LED. The fitting was served by a dimmer - as this was under loaded I was getting flickering so I bought a V-PRO LED Dimmer Module. I was annoyed...
9
9

OT: Car battery volt drop
All modern cars will have an amount of quiescent current draw to power things like the alarm, the clock, the radio presets and so on when the car is parked up and switched off. I've seen it written...
89
89

OT: Very, very short term car insurance
My son has an old banger sitting on the driveway. He wants to insure it, take it for an mot, then stick it back on the driveway and cancel the insurance. There'd be a cancellation charge, but it's...
28
28

Bathroom zones question
I recently had an EICR (electrical report) carried out on a property I rent out (as landlords have been legally obliged to do as of 1 April). I got a C2 fail on the basis of "BATHROOM LIGHT IN ZONE 2...
3
3

Re: nutool 850W Rotary Hammer - any good
I have one. Ok for a while then one of the intermediate casting shattered.. So it is F----d

Regulating chain-blade oil feed on battery chainsaw
I've noticed that our Black and Decker battery-powered chainsaw seems to drink blade-lubricating oil. A tankful (about 50 ml at a very rough guess) seems to last only a minute or so of operation, with...
7
7

merge point rule
Two lanes merging into one. Arrows clearly define which lane merges into which. At the merge point who has the right of way ? I only ask because in certain parts of the country if a lane is closing...
44
44

small potentiomenter with switch
Does anyone know where I can buy those old school type small potentiomenter with switch you know the ones like they had on the first hand held radios in the 60s-70s and on walkmans and stuff just a...
23
23