Subject Author Posted Replies

So much for freedom from EU regulations
self drive cars to be limited to 37mph? No. Its 60km/h. So much for doing things differently
8
8

Wickes timber ordering
One of the few local suppliers which seems to have some timber I want has been Wickes. I assembled my order - three different products - and tried to book delivery and pay. I got a message saying no...
6
6

Bloody Amazon!
Been waiting in all day for a parcel delivery, and then receive an email saying not only has it been delivered, but that is was handed to me personally, BUT NOTHING HAS ARRIVED AT ALL. Obviously now...
41
41

Cooked something with gas whilst boiler was off - Need to purge pipes before using cooker?
Whilst the boiler was off, I cooked some eggs using the remaining gas in the pipes. Right now I am the only one home so I'm not worried about anyone using the cooker to blow everyone up. I have purged...
6
6

Dimming an LED
Think it's generally known that dimming a tungsten bulb reduced its efficiency dramatically. In other words, a 100w dimmed to half brightness used a lot more electricity than a 50w on full. Although...
33
33

regarding charging: follow-up
Following the suggestion here that the charging voltage for Circuit C was too high ("C: 14.6V, +0.01A") I checked with an accurate meter. The voltage was 13.86V. That accords with the very low...
9
9

OT - let's bring it home
Football as we used to know it was a local community matter. Let's bring it back home! Bring in a law which enforces professional football clubs to have at least 51% fan ownership similar to how the...
10
10

Shower pump and tray combinations
I'm planning to refurbish my en-suite bathroom (actually shower room plus toilet and basin) and would like a shower with a bit of urge - meaning with a reasonably powerful dual pump to produce a good...
3
3

Web site errors
Just in the last couple of weeks I am getting a lot of errors when trying to access some websites that previously I've not had a problem with. The error message is "The connection to the server was...
22
22

series to parallel
My neighbour has two infra-red beams across the two entrances to his property. The alarm condition is 'open circuit'. The receivers are close together so the two alarm outputs are connected in series...
5
5

New smoke detectors and heat alarm.
Had new smoke alarms and heat detector fitted yesterday, with radio link for synchronising operation.
5
5

Bloody customers
Went to a job today where the customer said the landing socket made a fizzing noise when it was used. Late 60's early 70's build and probably the original socket. So I just swapped it. The customer...
18
18

Smart Water Meters
I read some gumf the other day, saying Arqiva are rolling out a comms system for Smart Water meters (it's the meters that are presumably smart, not the water) What is a smart meter, have I already got...
20
20

Email client with permissions?
Looking for an email and couldn't find it, so looked in the deleted folder and found it along with many others that shouldn't be in there. So i've just wasted an inordinate amount of time trawling...
6
6

Elbow Grease - weird rash
For several months now, I have had an ongoing itchy rash on the back of both hands, close to the area of my thumbs. For quite a while, I have been racking my brain trying to work out what might be...
28
28