Subject Author Posted Replies

Stockpiling boilers?
In the light of plans to stop new gas or oil boilers being fitted after 2025 how many folk are considering buying a ?spare? boiler? ;-) I must admit the thought has crossed my mind? I?m assuming that...
101
101

what a load of pish
yup banning gas boilers only makes any sense when 100% of UK electricity production is carbon free until it is, simply transferring gas use to additional electric use is just daft
55
55

Stainable caulk?
I've restored and re-fitted some old oak skirting and need to fill some small gaps along the top. I could use regular caulk and paint the wall colour over it but would prefer to use a caulk or filler...
5
5

Scottish and English hinges
Observe the difference: Commandez en ligne vers la France avec screwfix.fr. Galvanisées pour plus de durabilité, résistantes à la rouille et à la corrosion. Adaptées aux portes de jardin et...
6
6

Good ways to close the output power cable on a condensate pump?
I've just received a Grundfos condensate pump to use under the basement dehumidifier. The old pump (which seized up after about 6 years) had a sealed-up cable that you could strip and use optionally...
10
10

Another crimper question.
Sort of following on from previous and recent questions around crimping (and my personal / general preference to both manually crimp (if available) and solder) here, I just checked out another of Big...
6
6

Where did it go?
Eternal September just died on me. Who forgot to pay the bill again? grin Brian
5
5

BM346/347
Hi, If anyone is interested we still have some spares to BM 346 and 347 on stock. Vår affärsidé är att tillhandahålla produkter runt gasbrännare och gasdistribution. Högkvalitativa produkter...

Smart meters, nearly fell off my stool.
I have just, well last week, had an email with a contact number on it to call and get a smart meter installed complete with a talking consumer device. Not run them yet, intend to do that tomorrow...
56
56

Cheaper alternative to Shoe Goo?
I've long used Shoe Goo on walking shoes and boots which have soft soles that wear fast on rock and (more often these days) pavements and roads. But the price of Shoe Goo has increased to over £10 +...
1
1

Crimping etc
Just been tweaking the wiring of my lad's new campervan, my no-name ratchet crimper for insulated terminals is getting a bit tired. I don't do a lot of crimping so not after a full "industrial" model,...
13
13

Inkjet cartridge storage
Anyone tried removing partially-used colour cartridges from HP or Canon inkjet printers and storing them in sealed containers to stop them drying out? I'm just about to chuck out my Epson XP-325 as it...
11
11

Gone in 60 seconds
actually less ... Put the old microwave out for the scrappies this afternoon, and as I got back in to the kitchen I saw a van drive past and it had gone. Can't have been any more than a minute :)...
38
38

Any blood donosrs here (incl ex-blood donors)
I found my Blood Transfusion 'wallet' yesterday, it having fallen down the back of a drawer at some point. I started in 1984 but gave up round about the millenium when the daily commute became too...
11
11

Lithium AA and AAA batteries
I see I can now buy lithium AA and AAA batteries. They are quite expensive but unlike NiMH batteries they claim to be 1.5v. Are they any good?
10
10