Subject Author Posted Replies

Re: New heating system
New Daikin Altherma EDLQ05+07CAV3 low temperature monobloc heating system up and running. Looks as though it will push my total electricity bill up to £1.74 daily.

Ultrasonic cleaners - recommendations?
I've been tempted for a long time but haven't taken the plunge, so a few questions to those who have: what do you use yours for? Are the cheaper ones any good? Any recommendations?
4
4

Fusion power - just around the corner.
results from a UK experiment could help clear a hurdle to achieving commercial power based on nuclear fusion, experts say. The researchers believe they now have a better way to remove the excess heat...
40
40

OT: Lithium ion battery developments
I came across this article: 's a good roundup of all the different lithium ion chemistries and how things have been improving of late, and how that impacts applications such as phones and EVs. Theo
61
61

OT: HSBC phishing site
From a suspect text, a pretty good mirror, obvious from the URL of course: guess a man in the middle attack. https://online-device-security-fcsc.com/hsbc/

I bought a new vernier caliper off Amazon.
Very surprised with the quality of this Preciva Vernier Caliper with a large digital readout for £20. I can't read the Mitutoyo one any more, the scale is too small.
12
12

cut gas pipe
Serious explosion bellied caused by cut gas pipe. How ? Presumably it was in error but what would you be doing for that to happen?
45
45

Keeping cupboards doors open and closed . . .
I'm trying my hand at building a frame to go in the back of a van-car (Peugeot Partner) to create some storage and sleeping space. I've screwed together a frame: top of the frame will be finished with...
4
4

Is there any "market" for old electronics, even for free?
I thought Craigslist was a dating site? To carry it to the destination? Gmail is email that's intuitive, efficient, and useful. 15 GB of storage, less spam, and mobile access. Gmail is email that's...
19
19

My first diy project...
I noticed an old photo the other day, and it dawned on me that this might have been the first "DIY" thing I made - a planting trough to sit on a windowsill. am guessing about 1975 ish)
11
11

Making a circular saw jig
I have a circular saw jig which I made myself and it uses bits of aluminium which are L shaped in cross section for the saw to run in. I'd like to make a better one with longer "rails" and rather than...
7
7

Bloody smart meters
so last month I got my smart meter and this month what do I get? email with "It's time to supply us with your readings"
6
6

Wanted, a latch for a gate that lets it swing both ways
I'm looking for a gate latch that will allow a gate to swing both ways, there are some more constraints/parameters as well:- It's a fairly light gate, into our chicken run It needs to be easy to...
41
41

Insulation and vapour barriers
I am about to start dividing off my extended garage to create a man cave. This involves a studded dividing wall which along with the other three outer walls need insulating. Incidentally the garage is...
6
6

OT: Car number plate details
Against my better judgement I sold something online to someone who turns up to be a very unsavoury person. I had had a bad feeling when we communicated online so arranged to meet him in a supermarket...
26
26