Subject Author Posted Replies

remove front panel on Hotpoint Washing Machine HV7L145
I am half way through replacing a door seal on my Hotpoint washer. Having problems with taking off the front panel which seems to be welded on. Where are the screws?
5
5

Cement broken away from corner roof tiles
I have just moved into an elderly but well-built bungalow. The cement infill at one corner of the roof has brocken away. As it is easily reachable with a ladder I want to fill it myself. I would like...
11
11

OT: What words or phrases annoy you?
Tap instead of click. App instead of program. Fewer instead of less (even though more has no equivalent). Slowed up instead of slowed down (slow is less speed, so must be down). People who write...
224
224

Phone divert.
Being of a certain age, my mobile is only really for use out and about. Indoors, I prefer my landline. Which has more than enough phones on it. ;-) So when indoors, the mobile gets left in the...
28
28

Storage ideas for redundant stairway
I'm about to make a stairway redundant at work, there's a WC beneath so can't open the whole area up. I'm thinking we'll use the space above the stairs for storage but how to make the most of it? Some...
9
9

ebay new conditions
Did I read it right ? Under their new conditions they can withdraw funds from my bank account ?
13
13

Environmental Ethics
Environmental Ethics Editor: Ben A. Minteer, What responsibilities do we have to wild species & ecosystems ? & to present & future generations of humans dependent on critical ecological services? How...

just got my road tax reminder
pay up front 6 months £93.50 one year £170 direct debit monthly £178.50 [£14.88 a month].... 6 months £89.25.... 12 months £170 how come six months DD is that price?
9
9

Kitchen Sink Question
I've just had my kitchen fitted. It looks good but the sink is off centre of the cabinet by about 1 cm. Is there anything I can do? Is there any wriggle room or would I have to buy a wider sink and...
5
5

Lifting a paving stone a few mm on one side
We've done a decent enough job on our patio but I have a couple of flags i'm not happy with. The flags are on a solid bed of mortar. They need lifting on one side by just a few mm, i'm wondering if...
9
9

Combined heat and smoke alarm
I have a problem with an EI44 heat alarm in the kitchen, which goes off when the gas hob is on. It's a small kitchen, and it's mounted at about the maximum distance from the hob. The best solution...
10
10

Is a metal enclosure required for an isolation switch by CU
As per subject, do I need a metal enclosure for an isolation switch between the meter and consumer unit? Given CUs ought to be metal cased, I would have though the principle would apply to a switch...
2
2

Lidl plastic utility cabinet
If you've some time to kill, need some outdoor storage, 70 quid burning a hole and some rage to expend, do me a favour. Go and get one of these Lidl outdoor cabinets, the tall one, and let me know.......
2
2

More on bike rack problem
I recently posted an item about a towbar-mounted bike rack and the problem I had with the attachment bolt getting stuck and being damaged when I removed it by force. I've managed to order a new bolt...
10
10

Halogen to be banned
..."Sales of halogen lightbulbs are to be banned in the UK from September, with fluorescent lights to follow, under government climate change plans"....
122
122