Subject Author Posted Replies

Sash windows/retaining plastic parting bead.
Mighton sell plastic parting bead, which I have a quantity of: reckon that if the groove for the parting bead is too wide, "fill it with caulk, drill a 2mm hole through the bead, top to bottom, and...
13
13

Why don't all cars have mudguards?
Why don't all cars have mudguards? They stop rust under your car and they stop water sprayed up reducing visibility behind you.
71
71

Cutting backbox holes
I have one of these (or very similar) am looking at something like for cutting into (I believe) cinder/clinker block (1960s house) for double sockets. Has anyone got experience of that cutter or can...
19
19

Which circuit to which RCD?
I've got a two RCD CU. One RCD supplies a recently installed and re-wired kitchen (ring, hob, lights). The other RCD is for the rest of the house ring and lights (a single ring for both floors, and a...
1
1

Sealions
Life imitates art: were told this below was allegorical those who don't like links the second link is a well-known cartoon about a person casually expressing a dislike of sealions being then harassed...
1
1

2 Fridges on my wagon
Hi All, For many a year now we have taken a camping fridge (approx 80W rated consumption) and it has been connected to the split load charging contacts on the 12S socket on the back of the cars. In...
17
17

Best glue for mending a broken tile?
I want to mend a small tile, it's not to re-use it, it's because it is a piece of work my daughter did at school many years ago and it would be nice to restore it to one piece. It's a fairly normal...
14
14

Extractor fan - diameter and pipe type
Hello, I thought i'd fit the extractor fan we bought last year as part of a new kitchen, so it's now finally attached to the wall. Naturally I cannot use the vent hole i made for the previous one (i'm...
3
3

Anyone familiar with abs on a 2013 Hyundai i 20?
About two weeks ago the youngest daughter complained about a noise from the right front wheel. She engaged a local mechanic to investigate and he replaced the front brake pads which cured the noise....
7
7

Free Parking - Clerkenwell (ish)
Hi All, I am planning to head to The Great Metrolops on Saturday. I was originally planning on driving to N20 ish and getting the tube to Victoria, but I?m now thinking of taking my bike in the car,...
9
9

Corrugated roof quandary.
Thinking about my workshop roof, if I put galvanised box profile straight onto steel purlins, with a air gap under, then insulation, then a vapour barrier (e.g. Visqueen), then a ceiling of...
3
3

TOT Electric cars will be cheaper to run
I've seen yet another interview with the "green lobby" where it was stated that electric cars will benefit the pockets of those owning one because they will be much cheaper to run (than...
271
271

Is this 13amp adapter safe?
I bought a 2 way 13amp adapter from Amazon, and only realised after it arrived that it is unfused. It says that it conforms with BS1363-3. Does this allow a 2 way adapter to be unfused? I'm really...
34
34

No sound on text messages Samsung S6
Any ideas? All settings seem to suggest to should play Skyline.
8
8

Lesser known SSDs
M.2 SSD in this laptop, previously had a 256GB lite-on that got too small, now have a lexar 512GB that is on its last legs (13 months old), so looking for a replacement must be PCIe/NVMe not SATA must...
34
34