Subject Author Posted Replies

QUORA: What will a landfill look like in two thousand years?
QUORA: What will a landfill look like in two thousand years? by Spencer McDaniel, B.A. in Classical Studies & History, IU Bloomington (Expected 2022), Updated April 13 The Roman Empire ceased to exist...
2
2

TOT: mainly for those who know me
I've been in this group for a long time, and I've made quite a few friends here and in two other groups. For some time I've been discussing with some of those people a very non-DIY matter, the subject...
12
12

Lidl. I thought I shouldn't have, but I did.
An assortment (always bad news) of HSS (supposedly) twist drill bits. "Parkside". I thought "Oh, that's useful, there are a couple each of the smaller sizes, and most of the range up to 10mm are...
10
10

T8 LED light wireing
Googling seems to have failed me with two conflicting diagrams, below I have a T8 Florescent lamp with a failed Electronic ballast so was going to replace with an LED tube how are they wired L+N to...
7
7

OT: Point of "the fact that"?
What's the point in adding "the fact that" to a sentence?
11
11

OT - electric bikes, hub v rear motor.
Possibly useful re. the recent thread: Electric bicycle hub motors vs mid-drive motors: Which should be on your next e-bike? - Electrek
2
2

Toilet seat tantrums
A couple of years ago I bought a new Toilet seat with lid. The seat and the lid had a kind of slowed down drop using same kind of damped spindle device. Today, when I lifted it, predictably, the...
10
10

Totally OT - Hotel Booking
I am thinking of taking my good lady away for a few days to a nice UK hotel - having given up on an easy carefree foreign holiday to Lanzarote. What gets the best deal - these agents like Trivago, etc...
9
9

I gotta smile...
Just heard on the radio the excellent news that Nissan is to expand its UK operation. To make batteries for EVs. Why? The main market for their cars is the EU. And EU regs require a certain percentage...
17
17

Door Frame Measurement
Would somebody mind checking the frame dimensions of this please: the profile, what do I need to add to my door dimensions (1952mm x 762mm) to give an overall frame size? I'd have thought add 35mm...
9
9

Lead water pioe
On 28/06/2021 19:40, Steve Walker wrote:> people generally flush the toilet and wash their hands before taking a drink in the morning. That way lies disaster. I generally try to leave it until noon at...
8
8

One for car electronic types.
Social meja pal living in NI has a Range Rover. Circa 1990. Injection is Lucas 14 CUX. Ignition self contained with distributor. The only connection between the ignition and injection is a tach (RPM)...
7
7

Smoke alarm recommendations
I am looking for recommendations for wireless smoke and heat alarms which will comply with the forthcoming Scottish Government Regulations. Scottish Government guidance on changes to the law relating...
24
24

Fixing overlapped edges of ceiling lining paper
When some previous owner put lining paper on the ceiling of the room I'm decorating they overlapped several of the edges by a couple of millimetres. From looking-around it seems the accepted fix is to...
5
5

Dual RCD CU split suggestions
I have a CU with an 80A and 63A RCDs. Soon I'll have the following circuits to split across these RCDs: B32 cooker/hob B32 kitchen ring B32 ground ring B32 upstairs ring B6 kitchen lights B6 ground...
3
3