Subject Author Posted Replies

A Top Virologist in China, at Center of a Pandemic Storm, Speaks Out
A Top Virologist in China, at Center of a Pandemic Storm, Speaks Out By Amy Qin & Chris Buckley, 6/14/21, NY Times In less polarized times, Dr. Shi was a symbol of China?s scientific progress, at the...

archade game penny play 60's
Anybody got a picture of the big circular one with.... Smirke, Wragg, Breasley, Piggott, Smith and Richards ? ...not on the internet ...
1
1

Driving Licence
At the lower edge front and at the rear of my photo licence, it lists the vehicles I am qualified to drive, in capital letters, on the front after the capital letters, it lists several more in lower...
8
8

My Usenet literary efforts from 24 years ago :-)
>In article >writes... >Hi, > Would you please tell me what transistor do and how to do >so? What is the difference between PNP transistor and NPN >transistor? What is the concept of using a...

Do you think somebody wanted their field dug over?
Do you think somebody wanted their field dug over? Many of those digging in KwaHlathi village in South Africa believe the stones are precious jewels.
3
3

Roof: box section on OSB on steel purlins.
The intent is to sheath the steelwork of the roof with OSB or similar, and go on that with 34/1000 box profile. Roof pic: might be possible to screw straight through the box profile and OSB into the...
6
6

Back boxes for plasterboard walls
I think I'm going mad! Am I correct in saying that a dry lining back box does not need to be screwed to a stud or noggin? Screwing only applies if fitting a steel box in this location.
17
17

Flaval side control
When the fire is turned to high the flame dose not get as high as it use to,,gas pressure is perfect at the fire thanks.

Spring Clips on Downlights
What is the best technique with the viscious things? The seem to damage the plasterboard when removing the lamp. Why are they so damned fierce?
9
9

Canon PIXMA MG3150 printer on Windows 10?
A neighbour has a nice Windows 7 PC (#1), working with a Canon PIXMA MG3150 printer. Microsoft, others, and I keep saying he should be using Windows 10 (as I do), and he has eventually accepted that...
5
5

Recommend a magnifying lamp please.
Last time I took the back off an Iphone I could see which screws needed a 3 pronged screwdriver and which were 4. Yesterday, I had to remember which was which. Can the panel recommend a magnifying...
5
5

Wood filler, car body filler.
Ronseal wood filler seems to be styrene and talc, mixed, with hardener you add and mix. Sounds awfully like car body filler, which is lots cheaper. Is it the same, or different (how)?
5
5

speedy delivery
Ordered an impact wrench from FFX last night at 10:15pm it said "about to be dispatched" at 23:50, which I interpreted as "we've printed the shipping label" as several people do. but it's just arrived...
14
14

Managing a VPS?
I pay £35 quid per month for web hosting (it's a long story) it's a reseller package so I can have as many domains as i like but there are resource limits (I know!! At that price!) Plus there are...
4
4

An electronic question.
An audio circuit I found online and have been playing with has an odd design (to me). It's op-amp based running off a (separate) +/-15v supply. There are on board caps across the supply, which is...
43
43