Subject Author Posted Replies

Had a message from EE on Tuesday
I had an SMS from my SIM only phone supplier, to say I would have to agree to a change of reducing my current 10Gb to 3GB data/month for £10, or if I did nothing it would auto role over to 10GB...
15
15

Phone app says British gas wireless thermostat disconnected
The batteries were changed in my wireless thermostat and since then my phone app just says the thermostat is disconnected. I have paired the thermostat with the receiver and that is all working. I...

Right to Repair
The legislation comes into effect tomorrow, the focus seems to be on domestic appliances like washing machines and fridges. As it designed to cut down on electrical waste does it extend to other...
67
67

Unidentified non-flying oven
A few weeks ago we moved into a bungalow requiring a great deal of TLC. The kitchen boasted a cooker. My wife was willing to use the hob but not the oven until it had been seriouly cleaned. That...
13
13

Solvent question
A neighbour has given me a part-used can of Baufix metal paint. I suspect a bit of thinning may be needed to optimise the paint. As it happens, I have two tins of Hammerite thinner. Does anyone know...
13
13

I have been trying out Windows 11 preview today.
It feels as if M$ are tightening their grip on its potential customers. At first I couldn't install any of my regular software, but after using a few of my development tools I was able to take over...
37
37

Is the blue ligh cutting filter for specs a con.
Perhaps, I am exceptional, but very much doubt it. I recently ordered some new glasses recently and noticed one of the most expensive options was a blue light filter. I have been on computers and...
15
15

QUORA: What will a landfill look like in two thousand years?
QUORA: What will a landfill look like in two thousand years? by Spencer McDaniel, B.A. in Classical Studies & History, IU Bloomington (Expected 2022), Updated April 13 The Roman Empire ceased to exist...
2
2

TOT: mainly for those who know me
I've been in this group for a long time, and I've made quite a few friends here and in two other groups. For some time I've been discussing with some of those people a very non-DIY matter, the subject...
12
12

Lidl. I thought I shouldn't have, but I did.
An assortment (always bad news) of HSS (supposedly) twist drill bits. "Parkside". I thought "Oh, that's useful, there are a couple each of the smaller sizes, and most of the range up to 10mm are...
10
10

T8 LED light wireing
Googling seems to have failed me with two conflicting diagrams, below I have a T8 Florescent lamp with a failed Electronic ballast so was going to replace with an LED tube how are they wired L+N to...
7
7

OT: Point of "the fact that"?
What's the point in adding "the fact that" to a sentence?
11
11

OT - electric bikes, hub v rear motor.
Possibly useful re. the recent thread: Electric bicycle hub motors vs mid-drive motors: Which should be on your next e-bike? - Electrek
2
2

Toilet seat tantrums
A couple of years ago I bought a new Toilet seat with lid. The seat and the lid had a kind of slowed down drop using same kind of damped spindle device. Today, when I lifted it, predictably, the...
10
10

Totally OT - Hotel Booking
I am thinking of taking my good lady away for a few days to a nice UK hotel - having given up on an easy carefree foreign holiday to Lanzarote. What gets the best deal - these agents like Trivago, etc...
9
9