Subject Author Posted Replies

Refuseniks chop down broadband poles in Hull
dear. I knew that Hull was a bit different telephonically compared to everywhere else, but this seems a bit drastic. Andrew Firefighters were called to Waveney Road, on Longhill estate, east Hull, on...
10
10

OVO changing meter readings
I try to keep a spreadsheet to log my utility use, but I often leave gaps in the filling in of the sheet. Today, I decided to catch up, and downloaded the last three monthly OVO electricity...
21
21

Ratchet straps a pull ups
Getting the ride on mower up on a trailer wasn't easy. I wondered if two ratchet strape would pull it up as an alternative to a winch. If I buy a hand operated winch I would want to use it to pull the...
2
2

Does anyone countersink holes anymore....
....or even use the correct headed screw.?
8
8

Split CU with 2x RCD
Hi, I have a consumer unit in a 2nd home that has 2x RCD. I added an additional lighting circuit and mistakenly put the neutral to the wrong neutral bar. When turning on the lights, the RCD tripped....
19
19

Washing machine size
My existing washing machine is a built-in model, 15 years old, and failed today. I'm not keen on spending anything on one that old, so need a replacement. It is installed very tightly between the...
29
29

Blown fibre - does it need topping up eventually?
We bought this house in 2007 by which time it had blown fibre cavity wall insulation. No idea when, but there might be some paper work hidden somewhere. Does blown fibre settle with time, and if so...
13
13

Source for split-collar metric drill depth stops?
I'm struggling to find a set of metric split-collar stops that start at 4mm. Rutlands have one but the postage (£7) is rather extortionate for something light that only costs £10. I know I can use...
5
5

Identifying filing cabinet key from lock front number
I have a 4 drawer filing cabinet which I no longer need. I am told that nobody wants one unless it has a key (sell or donate). I've had it so long that I have no idea where the key went. There is the...
16
16

OT: Budget treadmills
SWMBO, recently retired, has some £100+ Amazon vouchers and wants a treadmill. Anyone got any experience? This will be mainly for walking, maybe getting up to a jog for a person <10st . From what I'm...
6
6

Kindle battery
Any repair possible? Early model. Works OK with the charger connected but no sign of the battery storing charge:-( Apart from a long cable under the bathroom door, any fix suggestions?
26
26

Amazon
I have two accounts with Amazon. One registered fot VAT which is used primarily with The other for personal use with Until recrntly I could switch between them using their 'Switcah Accounts' app but...
1
1

Bathroom extractor fan
I'd like to fit an extractor fan to the FF bathroom, and I'm trying to work out the best/neatest/easiest form of venting. There's easy access to the roof void above, so maybe a soffit vent, but I...
17
17

That additive to flower vase water
I've just bought a large bunch of flowers to celebrate my (late) wife's birthday, enough for two vases. But I forgot to divide the little sachet of jollop that they give you to feed the flowers and...
13
13