Subject Author Posted Replies

Best diameter hole?
What's the best diameter hole to drill through a length of wood to simulate a vagina? Is circular best?
25
25

Where to buy long lengths of square elastic (not the covered dressmaking type)?
I'm after some long ( metres) lengths of elastic. They're for an old Kum-Bak tennis trainer where the ball is suspended on a length of elastic. The ideal is plain square (I suppose round would be OK...
12
12

Grrr. Microsoft edge installs new version withut asking
Turned my PC on today and the first problem was lack of USB keyboard or mouse, so I resorted to unplugging and re-inserting the USB connector on the back of my PC. I noticed that the hard disk light...
49
49

OT: New product at Tesco's ?
There was a display in our Tesco's yesterday for: "Steak and Ale Pie, Hot Shot Hot Dog, and Chicken Tackle Masala." Does nobody proofread these things?
25
25

Vintage electrical backbox - how to replace?
I'm re-wiring a 1930's bungalow which must have been rewired in the 1960/70's(?). I've come across a old double socket backbox, which is 60mm deep and was mortared in - took the best part of a morning...
21
21

OT: What's with the Proms this year??
The BBC fuck up everything they take over. This year its the Proms. I tuned in to find a bunch of coons playing what sounded like Jazz. Jazz! At a prom concert?? WTF are they thinking? Honestly I have...
47
47

OT: Number of tablets per card in a blister-pack
I'm on various medications, long term. These are prescribed and dispensed as 4 weeks = 28 tablets at a time. Depending on tablet size, these are on blister-pack cards of 7, 14 or 28 tablets per card,...
15
15

Mimeograph letter or not?
How to tell? Googling the phone number then its from an estate agent making out its a personal letter of house purchase and private phone number . So just junk mail, but interesting in telling whether...
6
6

Blood pressure
Anyone in here have bother with their blood pressure? I've been pushing my luck for too long, overweight, not enough exercise, too much drink, but my BP has always been (upper end of) normal. I had a...
84
84

DC plug for laptop
The cable close to the moulded on DC plug, where it plugs into my Acer laptop, is damaged, so I am looking at finding/fitting a new right-angeled plug, but what are these plugs called please? The...
18
18

OT but interesting.question
Are the Taliban are not fazed by Covid 19? ?
9
9

Strange FlightRadar24 'diversion' of Ryanair flight from Stanstead to Dublin
This evening, I just happened to be having a look at FlightRadar24, and I noticed that RYR7XN from Stanstead to Dublin had done an abrupt U-turn over Manchester. It was now retracing its course....
20
20

Industrial archeology question
In the NE, there is a wood, through the middle of which was an ironstone mine, workings and various remnants of associated buildings scattered along the site. Mostly brick built, but with some stone...
11
11

Impressive shelf life of Fischer Fast Bonding Foam
I bought a tin of this in Screwfix 10 years ago but have only just got round to using it. I didn't expect it to be any use but amazingly it still did what it said on the can, even though bottom of can...
1
1

Armoured cabling run
I have a need to run 25m of 10mm armoured from house to shed. Is it necessary to get 3-core (LNE) or is it still alright to use 2-core for LN and use the armouring for the Earth, like it used to be?
6
6