Subject Author Posted Replies

How much weight can I carry in my small car?
I have to collect a quantity of stone slabs and sets from the supplier for a little diy landscaping project. No great distance, maybe 10miles. I have been working out the weight of these materials...
16
16

Totally OT teachers
They are not happy about having to grade exam results this year year they were not happy about the suggestion that their grading of exam results was wrong. They have complained about online teaching...
19
19

Split pressure washer hose
Hi All, Went to use the pressure washer (Parkside) and the hose to the wand has a small split in it :( It "works" but water sprays out of the split and soaks the user. The hose is connected to the...
15
15

What would you use this for now analogue TV is extinct ?
Noticed this colour TV tuner for sale on ebay. 'conveniently' located at Midhurst, so that means a nice strong signal :-)
9
9

Help needed to make golf trolley umbrella holder
I have an old golf trolley and wifey has bought me a new golf umbrella. Every review of universal umbrella holders seems fraught with negative comments so I wondered what I'd got to make my own. Thus...
9
9

RAM speed
I've an early Core i3 computer, Win 10, it's OK for what we use it for but would be nice if it was quicker (Excel, DTP, GIMP, browsing/email etc). It has 8 Gb RAM in it but i've noted it's 665Mhz. It...
28
28

Sharpening circular saw blades.
Any tips as to how? I've an old Walker Turner "Driver Line" table saw wgich takes 8" blades, and sharpening and setting would be useful. I don't want to take them to a shop. Maybe "top" the teeth, as...
9
9

Do not adjust your set!
There can't be many northerners here! The big news this week is that the Bilsdale transmitter serving most of Yorkshire and the NE went up in flames on Tuesday and is now dead in the water. Off air...
34
34

Replacing double glazed unit in pvc frame
Hello all. I would greatly appreciate some advice on how to proceed! I have removed the beading but the glass is solid and firmly fixed to the frame. On closer inspection I see that all along the...
9
9

OT: Piriform (CCleaner)
Is Piriform running out of money? They keep asking me to renew my licence early even though it does not expire until November.
8
8

Where have all the fluorescent tubes gone ?
Tried to buy a 4 foot T8 one yesterday to replace a flickering one in the kitchen. Local Toolstation showed two in store so off I went to buy one, plus a couple of other items. On arrival, sales...
11
11

How to connect channel drainage to drainpipe hopper?
My mum and dad had their drive block paved about a year ago. I just noticed that they made a bit of a mess of the drainage. Between the garage and the drive, they put in a channel drain, have left one...
2
2

This is going on here in Paisley ? ...
So the reason im selling it is im fed up anxiously always checking the prices or seeing if i can increase my hashrate and tbh im surprised ive got it this far with 5 ethereum since January 7th and 140...
3
3

Electrical question - ping Adam
We had a built-in garage converted to a kitchen about 10 years ago, and all its electrics are connected to a new (at the time) fully RCD consumer unit. [The rest of the house is still on the old...
6
6

From VMware to VirtualBox
I have an application running under windows XP, itself running under VMware. I would like to have it running under a VirtualBox hosted XP. Normally I would have just installed it from the original CD...
9
9