Subject Author Posted Replies

loose Yale night latch
hi my yale night latch key plate is really use, i know the screws inside need tightening but the retaining screws are just spinning and wont come out ive tried needle tip pliers but to no avail

Consumer unit upgrade & requirement for RCD-free circuit
I'm planning to have our consumer unit modernized and upgraded (by a professional) in the near future: one big one with RCBOs to replace the Henley block and two old ones (one with a general RCD, one...
58
58

OT - digital wallet on phone not tied to credite/debit card? Limited amount?
Asking here because "You know everything, Brian!". Which should be recognisable by the demographic here. :-) I realise that the one item almost always with me is my mobile phone. For reasons. So I...
2
2

OT: Barclays Online.
Been using Barclays online for years on the PC with few problems. Decided to install it on the new phone to use it for contact less payments, etc. Any other banking I'll still use the PC. Phone is set...
43
43

Tig welding
Ihave an older unimig 175 which seem to be the same as a unimig 190. it has three knobs,current voltage and wire speed,a euro socket for main mig cable,two sockets for dc,positive and neg, and a four...
7
7

selling a poorly house in the 21st century
Hi All, My wife and brother in law are charged with selling a 200 year old ?cottage? which had some ?updating? (cavity walls, inside toilet and a few 13A sockets in the 1970s and has had GFCH and...
52
52

2 Qs about tyre pressure
(I know that exists, but I'd guess plenty of folks here know these answers.) I've got two questions on the subject of tyre pressures: (1) Can tyres lose pressure just standing there? I check our two...
18
18

Metalclad sockets
I am looking for some metalclad sockets that (a) don't cost a fortune (b) have flush sides when the faceplate is on, so I can butt them up box-to-box (c) have sockets with USB power (a) rules out MK...
15
15

Joining Osma to floplast gutters
I have Osma gutters and the hopper+downpipe are on my side of the boundary. Neighbour has ?floplast gutters which are larger than Osma gutters so the bloke who replaced the neighbours gutters just cut...
4
4

PDF Readers
I have been using Foxit PDF Reader for some while, but recently it has started trying to force me to try their PDF editor, which I don't want to do. I am going to dump the Foxit. Can anyone recommend...
60
60

TP-LINK AV600 Powerline
My local Philosophy Group are about to start holding live meetings at one of the local Metodist Church meeting rooms, hybridised wit zoom. We tested it today. Bloody cold with all the windows open but...
6
6

Collision risk - technological solution?
Today I was involved in a one vehicle accident when I scraped the side of the car while reversing into my lock-up garage. The problem was a vehicle parked directly opposite causing me to adopt an...
30
30

[OT] Wickes seeking reviews.
I bought some paint, timber and plasterboard from Wickes. Delivery was really cheap and i am delighted with the products and service. BUT Wickes "As mentioned elsewhere, the delivery charge for two...
14
14

Paint advice please
I need to paint our front door and garage door both wood and North facing. Have done a bit of research but cannot decide between water or oil-based paint. Ideally I want a high gloss smooth finish...
16
16

OT - On-Line Doctors. Any experiences?
I've got sun damage to the top of my (bald) head. Some years ago I was prescribed a diclofenac gel which worked fine. I was told I could call up some more if it came back. They're now saying I have to...
12
12