Subject Author Posted Replies

Dipstick tailgator
Here is an example of a driver who beleives he has superb reaction speed. Red Renault KADJAR NV19 GGX Example of a very impatient and dangerous driver, tailgating for several miles at speeds up to...
119
119

OT: My neighbour's been hacked
Got the "play store card scam" mail from my neighbour yesterday. None of us were taken in of course, because as soon as we got the "I need a favour from you" teaser, we all went around to his flat and...
32
32

Thermal insultion for a shed block wall
We have just cleared a run of cupboards and shelving from along half the back wall of the shed. The wall is south facing and getting full sun at the moment, and the top is over 30C although the bottom...
19
19

kent plonker
Exploring the island fort at Hoo and Darnet. The abandoned Fort has great views from the Drone and exploring the inside after a perilous boat trip over and wild camping the night on the island. Check...
5
5

Identify mains plug/socket
I'm after a couple of re-wirable two-pin flying lead mains plugs/sockets. They have to match some existing ones that I want to interconnect. They are a polarised version of a standard C7 "figure of...
19
19

Hermes dropped a parcel off for me
To the wrong building on the oppersite side of the road. Dropbox is a free service that lets you bring your photos, docs, and videos anywhere and share them easily. Never email yourself a file again!
12
12

How do they do that? - Freeing a cable
The first item on this video shows a trapped cable being freed is a bit of a con but what is it that makes the trick work? In this episode of Quantum Tech HD, we bring you some lifehacks that will...
11
11

[OT] Coal running at 1.00GW...
...in summer! That's more than 'Wind' or 'Solar'! From 0835BST G. B. National Grid status
12
12

Keyboard recommendations wanted
I have a very basic keyboard ATM, but the symbols on the keys are beginning to wear off. I'm only a one-finger typist, so don't need anything special, but ISTR that you could get keyboards with...
17
17

3 Ways Government Regulation Is Creating a Hospital Bed Shortage
3 Ways Government Regulation Is Creating a Hospital Bed Shortage by Hannah Cox, 8/31/21, Foundation For Economic Education Hospital beds are again filling up across the country as America copes with...

Annoying Microsoft message
Every few days on power up I get a blue screen with a list of options, and message from Microsoft saying "It's time to finish setting up your computer". None of the options are of any interest to me...
9
9

Electric car
The missus is getting green and now wants one of those poofter electric cars. What are the arguments against it? Don't the batteries pack up after a few years?
51
51

Pointing
Any advice on the best (or least bad) position for doing it on a roof? I'm pointing at least some of the parapet walls on the main roof ('cos it turns out the roofers who did them 12 years ago were...
4
4

Window Blinds
I'll be moving house soon, from a brick-built terrace to a granite block terrace. One major difference (apart from how quiet the stone place is) is the windows. In the stone house they're inset into...
4
4

What coating to protect a balcony/decking?
Hi, I have a wooden balcony that has been painted with a proprietory seal/varnish type stuff. The problem is that it takes a beating from the sun and cracks appear. Rainwater gets in the cracks and...
1
1