Subject Author Posted Replies

Prostate cancer: post-operative PSA tests
After the prostate and other bits have been removed the PSA should fall to a very low figure. It could be a hundredth of the figure that some labs can detect. So every three months for years the...
5
5

OT: homemade DVD lifetime
Here I'm referring to DVDs written using such as a DVD drive on one's computer with such as home movie material. I'm not referring to commercial DVDs. Question is, do such DVDs have a limited...
8
8

Deep, dark crud encrusted oven.
I'm on my travels ATM. To thank my current host for their hospitality I volunteered to clean the electric oven. Never have I seen such a heavily encrusted object. It's like something excavated from...
12
12

E10 fuel
Recently on this group there was a discussion about E10 fuel and chainsaw petrol lawn mowers etc. Shouty man on Youtube has produced some observations on E85, E10 and non-ethonol petrol with and...
34
34

Roof tile shortage? Reclaimed tiles.
One longer term project is to take down the old garage. It has a pitched roof with traditional clay tiles. A passing thought - if there is a shortage of tiles is there a market for used tiles? I could...
7
7

Bending flat bar the hard way
I have a project coming up that will require that I form a gentle sweeping bend in some mild steel flat bar handrail. I need to do this on the wide dimension: handrail is 40x8mm heavy hammered finish:...
40
40

Can't get it up.
My sourdough starter. Took it out of the fridge and fed it last night and today it's flat as a pancake. I think it's the chlorine in the tap water. What do the panel think?
24
24

OT Mandatory speed limiters on UK cars from 2022
Must be reading the wrong mags, only just become aware of this: from 6 July 2022, and retro fitted to all cars by 2024. Initially they will have an override or on/off switch, but later on this will be...
175
175

Spectacle arm hinge....
Bust. Pin in sprung hinge gone. Any way of repairing? Other than that, I wonder what the best value high-street outlet is. Hm?
19
19

European Sleeper Trains Make a Comeback
European Sleeper Trains Make a Comeback By Adam Graham, 8/25/21, Wall St. Journal While the CO2 savings from traveling by rail instead of air can vary, depending on the source of electricity each...
9
9

OT Driver's licence arrives after 8 weeks
- and 3 weeks after the last one expired. I was reassured in this group that it was OK to carry on driving so I've not been too worried. Another Dave
9
9

What's with this waste pipework?
?usp=sharingI was walking past a house of multiple occupancy the other day, there's a 45 degree coming off the vertical part of the soil pipe opening into what looks like a hopper with a mesh in it....
7
7

Strange tool found
I found an unusual tool lying on the entrance to my driveway today. No sign of any workmen. It is T shaped with double ended hex sockets, 16mm and 19mm, and a T27 Torx bit on the long leg. 100MM OOOOO...
3
3

Bert Coules on the radio!
Just noticed Radio 4 extra has a member this morning: Plus: Nick talks to writer and dramatist Bert Coules. In this morning's The Game's Afoot: Sherlock Holmes Special
1
1

Weird Puller
Hi, I borrowed this hub puller from a 'friend' (soon to be ex-friend at this rate). Anyway, there's something not right about it. I wanted it to remove a hub which has five bolt holes in it for the...
20
20