Subject Author Posted Replies

Domestic 3 Phase Supply Offered by Western Power
Had a site visit today from Western Power to discuss the removal of the looped supply I have to my neighbour's property (WP are visiting all customers who have a looped supply and where a car charger...
11
11

Confused - energy cap
End of my energy contract and I am mightily confused by the present energy market and especially the OFCOM energy cap. I am presently with Outfox on their Fixed Fix'd 20 17.0 Once my contract ends,...
21
21

OT: You couldnt't make it up.
Except being the Daily Express, they probably have. Or perhaps not "Rail freight operators are now reportedly being forced to halt their electric locomotives and revert back to diesel trains in a move...
86
86

Another fix out of the way
I thought I would have a go at some furniture restoration, messing about with rattan wicker: not turn out too bad for a first attempt. Wicker chair rattan replacement - DIYWiki Wicker chair rattan...
9
9

Wheels
14" Trailer Wheel 5.5J x 14 H2 5 stud 6" 152.4mm PCD ET39 - Mefro 43554 101.I am looking for 1 wheel
6
6

grease for nylon gears
What sort of grease is one supposed to use on nylon gearing? I have just replaced a nylon gear in my garage door opener and would like to put some suitable grease on it. I'm not complaining about the...
18
18

Wording for pipe puzzle
On the attached image I am trying to decipher the very blurred word, It refers to a flue pipe on an aga/rayburn type range cooker. I though possibly minimum or maximum bit neither quite fits as it...
9
9

It is giving me the Rats.
Two of my oldest friends live in a first floor flat in a very nice area. both are disabled, one suffering from dementia. The last thing they need is rats but apperently they have somehow got into...
7
7

Thoughts on insulation (garden building, storage/workshop).
Yes, it's this again. It does not need to be superinsulated, nor continually heated, just enough so that being in it sometimes when it's winter is reasonable. It's going to get a rather thin layer of...
30
30

Who asked about lightening and disconnecting TV aerials?
Just I have in my hand a 1964 copy of Aerial Handbook. And it has this to say we need Bill's opinion. File:Aerialhandbook.jpg - DIYWiki
43
43

Baxi Brazilia puzzle
We have a Baxi Brazilia heater. basic. Wall mounted, room sealed, balanced flue, spark igniter, no thermocouple, dead reliable. Well that is until last week. I lit it, it ran for a while (maybe 10-20...
19
19

Dremel for sharpening hedge clippers
In the past I have used an angle grinder to sharpen powered hedge clippers. Does the job but can be a but fierce. Would a dremel or alternative do the job?
3
3

Whatsapp problem
Two of us have had to repeatedly reload WhatsApp since the Facebook etc outage. It has loaded with slight difficulty, but then worked OK until the PC is turned off. It isn't there next time. But...
5
5

Thunderbird tart up.
My efforts over the last few days to make the new thunderbird 78 an acceptable platform are available here. need to unzip that - it contains the directory - 'chrome' in your thunderbird profile...

Where to buy "non ionic surfactant" for DIY cleaning products
Many cleaning products I buy are just small quantites of cheap chemicals. I could easily make them up myself, but one ingredient I don't know how to get is "non ionic surfactant". Does anyone know...
9
9