Subject Author Posted Replies

OT Classic FM is playing soothing music tonight for pets
And yes I have put it on for Tony. Last year he was a shivering wreck due to the fireworks when I got late home from work.
34
34

We made a coffe and walnut cake
Found a Beeb recipe, and used two 7" sponge tins as directed. Enjoyed our cake. Saw a coffee and walnut cake in Sainsbury's this morning, so bought it. Seemed a bit small, so on measuring, it was only...
11
11

OT: Toilet Bowl Light
The thing that caught my eye is that this is a motion sensitive toilet bowl light. :) Fit for Any Toilet - The bendable arms offer a more secure and durable fit. This colorful rainbow toilet will make...
31
31

Hard drive advice
(on topic as I would hope to do the job myself) I asked previously about Windows 11 and got some good advice. I have decided not to replace my PC meantime but to continue with Windows 10. My setup is...
13
13

OT car: slow leak, alloy wheel refurbishment?
One tyre (right rear) has a slow leak: I pump it up to 30 PSI, and two days (~ 90 miles) later it's about 26.5 so I pump it up again. Our normal tyre place (usually pretty good) resealed it twice (at...
21
21

Bluetooth problem.
Can't get my Win10 laptop to pair with my Android phone. Phone pairs nicely with my car and TV. Also says visible to nearby devices. And shows my laptop by name. Tell it to pair with the laptop, and...
9
9

May End Up DIY - Office Lighting
Hi All The office I usually inhabit has some very old tubed fittings. They are 4' x 2' and fit in place of two suspended ceiling tiles. I like them because each is a 4 tube fitting and we can remove...
6
6

Crack in bicycle rear wheel
My Raleigh cycle has developed a crack on the rear wheel. It goes right across the rim as a hairline crack and is about 1/64" wide at the moment. I obviously don't ride the bike as it is. Does anyone...
12
12

Flat battery
My car is just over 4 years old and covered less than 12,000 miles. Since April I have experienced flat batteries on five occasions. Today I drove ten miles to the (Kia) dealer. They were very good....
67
67

hot petrol
If a generator was stored in an unheated room, would it be an idea to warm the petrol on the hob before putting it in the tank, to make starting easier? Obviously a different saucepan would be used to...
31
31

Socket not working
Hopefully enough description in this so Brian can understand at it's all pictures and a video. So a socket is not working and when I plug in the socket tester there is no response at all but the volt...
27
27

OT: Things to come
When everyone is assigned an annual standard carbon footprint limit by law. Those that have more than one child are sterilised, because the maintenance of the world population level is becoming...
8
8

Restring Sanderson pleated blind
String has broken

Recommissioning Vintage Mobile Phones
Hi all, Digging around in some old boxes upstairs, I came across a Motorola Flip Phone LT which I haven't used in donkey's years. Here's a pic from a similar one on Ebay: I thougth it might be kind of...
10
10

build one
A friend of mine got a package stolen from her porch so I built the ultimate revenge, a package that holds a cannon that shoots dog shit when the thief opens the box. If you are also dealing with this...
4
4