Subject Author Posted Replies

bathroom isolator shared heater and fan?
can one isolator switch just outside a bathroom isolate both the fan and the heater or are two switches needed? [george]
17
17

King's Lynn, Norfolk
King's Lynn, known until 1537 as Bishop's Lynn & colloquially as Lynn, is a port & market town in Norfolk, England, 98 miles north of London. The population is 42,800. The city of Lynn, Massachusetts,...
12
12

BT compliments where due
Openreach turned up at the appointed hour and confirmed my diagnosis and went to the exchange to swap equipment racks.
2
2

Amazon to stop accepting payments with Visa *credit* cards next year
Just heard this on R2 news at midday. They will still accept Visa Debit cards, blaming 'high transaction costs'. I thought credit and debit card payments had a similar costs to the retailer these days...
86
86

OT: Legendary Prophetic Book - grab a free copy now!
If anyone here has been trying to get hold of The Camp of the Saints by Jean Raspail and balked at the thousand dollar price tag some opportunist booksellers have been charging (and getting) for this...
24
24

OT: mystery roadside pole
thoughts? Seen on the M5 at regular intervals between Worcester & Bromsgrove. Quite a lot of them, probably every quarter to half mile. Looks like a lamp on top but presumably not a lamp. ?Lamp? is...
14
14

Semi OT - gas pipes
Are there any regulations regarding where the incoming gas pipe (e.g. on the supply side of the meter) has to be relative to the wall? I'm trying to work out how much aggravation there will be in...
6
6

OT: I just want a decent pizza :(
Our town has roughly 60 takeaways (last time I counted) and a population of approx 30k. They all churn out largely the same cash and carry stuff which while normally cheap and palatable is at best...
14
14

Two more energy suppliers cease trading.
Neon Reef and Social Energy Supply have ceased trading today, not many left now!
19
19

Euro 1 G2.28V6 beeping - battery low can I replace 17ah with 7ah?
Please could someone advise? Have Euro 1 G2.28V6 alarm that’s beeping - battery low. Current battery is YUASA NP17-12i 12v 17ah can I replace it with 7ah as screwfix do that one and can collect,...

OT: Shavers
When my Braun 3775 needed battery replacement, I was able instead to get a whole shaver for £35, but it is sadly now completely discontinued. <> One of its real advantages is that it works fine on ac...
13
13

2d drawing package
Anyone care to suggest a free package for simple 2 dimensional architectural drawings? My copy of Sketchup seems to have failed the move to W7 pro.
9
9

OT: Pylon power?
I was driving home in the dark the other day and noticed some pylons with flashing red beacons on top of them. I got to wondering how they were powered. Obviously no shortage of nearby power but...
7
7

Central heating motorised valve issue
My wife has been stuffing stuff under the stairs where the hot water tank and heating/hot water controls are and i think has dislodged a cable as the central heating won't turn on from the controller....
5
5

Changing my mind with BT Broadband.
I have recently signed up with BT for a broadband connection, which started on the 12th November. Since then, I have not been able to connect to Alexa or Sonos. These facilities were working fine on...
17
17