Subject Author Posted Replies

best joke for a while
Funny Joke - My Wife Thought I Went Fishing, But I Climbed Back In Bed 👇The Joke👇 Saturday morning I got up early, put on my long johns, dressed quietly, made my lunch, grabbed the dog, slipped...

Mains changeover switch to generator backup
Prompted by the power cut thread. As far as I can tell if you want to be able to power your home from a generator if the mains power goes off then you need a changeover switch to isolate the mains...
24
24

A Chromebook laptop could be a nice Xmas pressie....
My wife bought a refurbished HP laptop for her niece for xmas and tried it out first. Microsoft Windows was a nightmare - took hours to perform relatively simple tasks and get through multiple hedges...
23
23

Vaillant 824 TurboMax display
Have fitted a reconditioned one which seems to be working fine. However instead of LEDs it's showing the status on the LCD with some symbols. I can work them out, but anyone have a link to what I...
1
1

LED equivalent to 100W halogen dimmable bulb
Now almost 10 years old, our lighting in the main living room is dimmable 100W halogen bulbs. One bulb has blown, and I am wondering if I can start rolling out LED equivalents. However initial...
35
35

How to unclog kitchen waste pipe? One Shot gets very hot....
There appears to be a blockage somewhere in the kitchen waste pipe going from the sink, no other units in kitchen. Water goes down slowly with a glug glug sound. It's below the U bend, and siphon is...
9
9

Thoughts on living without electricity for a few days
We live in rural Aberdeenshire, and like so many others, lost power for a few days. Off at 4pm Friday, back on 1pm Monday. When the power went off we had one open fire plus a large supply of coal,...
146
146

BT
Comments about people who find alexa and other devices wont connect via bt. I think its all down to the over the top but security in the router, one has to turn it off. Brian Brian Gaff -
37
37

Just thinking
The total number of positive tests for Covid in the UK is given as over 10m. So roughly 1 in 7. If you go through your address book, does that figure agree?
34
34

Online PHP problem.
I run a website for a rambling club, and recently I've come up against a problem that used not to be there. I'm wondering if there's been a change in the php handling of my website provider. Can...
13
13

Wall construction
I need to fit internal insulation to an existing single concrete block walled shed. About 3m x 5m. The intention is to re-purpose as a toilet block serving visitors and people employed at my farmyard....
21
21

OT Car insurance
I am 51 years old with 3 years NCD and Churchill and Direct Line are double the prices of all other quotes. So what do they not like about me?
10
10

Combi v HW Tank
Trying to decide as and when our boilers finally die (both are at the "care-home" stage of their lives) whether to try and find space for a pressurised HW tank rather than stick with the inherent...
47
47

stop using gas ? ...
thank god some of the punters up aberdeen way have gas as well or they whoud be frozen to death by now.....not a good idea relying on lecy only
61
61

Gmail query
Someone sent me an (important) email to one of my Gmail addresses that I have not publicised. How did he obtain this? I would like to amend or delete. Thanks
16
16