Subject Author Posted Replies

Kafka has taken over HSBC.
HSBC wanted me to answer some questions to 'safeguard my account' I couldn't answer them to their satisfaction, after spending hours trying. They threatened to close my account. I said 'please close...
51
51

seeking sheet material ideas for small prototype project
Hi all I'm musing on a suitable sheet material to use for a little experimental prototype I want to make. some points for consideration: - we are talking about parts a few cm to a few tens of cm in...
22
22

Leak on gutter of Palram Gazebo need solution ( preferably in Ireland )
I have a Palram Matrinque Gazabo very tight to the back of the house and there is a joint in the very narrow and oddly shaped aluminium gutter on the long sides where the gutter halves butt togrether...
7
7

Repair carpet strip
In my rented flat half the kitchen is tiled and half carpeted. The metal strip that separates them has lifted up at one part and my wife keeps tripping over it. But it has no nails/screws holding it...
6
6

Rising prices
Last week I bought a roll of loft insulation from B&Q in Watford. It cost £24. I went in again today and bought another two rolls - £25 each. That's a 4% rise in a week! I might need more. Better...
3
3

What happens if you deep fry a loaded gun?
At last we have answers ....
4
4

Dog Microchip question
Anyone know the DOB can be traced from a microchip?
14
14

modern TVs and composite video
Hi, I?ve just looked at some specs for a current Samsung TV and there is no mention of Composite / component video. Is it likely they just haven?t bothered mentioning them? Or is it time for my...
72
72

black friday
On the 28th of November, 2008, crowds began to gather outside the Walmart at the Green Acres Mall in Valley Stream, New York. They had been drawn there by the promise of an unmissable, limited-time...

Synchronous motor for microwave
The motor on my microwave ( Swan digital 900w 25L) is going wrong. It wont turn the turntable properly and makes a cluncking sound. I would like to replace the motor . I love the microwave and its in...
15
15

Looks like they got the house "thief"
A man is arrested on suspicion of fraud after the house was sold without the owner's knowledge.
31
31

Not TV wall mounting
Just dropped a 2 grand TV whilst wall mounting it and it's fucked.
44
44

scam company
My daughter lives in Liverpool and her boiler stopped working so she called this company (24/7 Best Emergency Services) at 4:00pm and a woman quoted her £50 call out plus a small charge for the job...
2
2

TV wall mounting.
I've got one of those two arm articulated monitor mounts in the kichen. It is bolted to the side of the chimney breast - on to two steel straps to spread the load, and tiled over up to the mounting...
15
15

Replacing a gas hob
Because of a discussion in another usenet newsgroup, I've been reading up on: <>I'm pretty sure that, when the existing gas hob was fitted, there was the required access to the open air from both a...
23
23