Subject Author Posted Replies

Hanging fairy lights
It's the time of year when I think "there must be a better way" to hang outside fairy lights. We have exposed joist ends and cast-iron gutters, so I've made wire hooks to hang-over the gutter edge and...
16
16

Parkside chainsaw oiler
My cheap and cheerful £79 chainsaw doesn?t appear to be feeding enough oil to the chain. If I take the chain bar off and run the engine a slow dribble of oil does appear at the appropriate orifice...
45
45

Economic ' Heat V Ventilation' to reduce Mold
Elderly couple in terraced house built in 1936 with single skimmed walls. (so no insulating air space between an inner and outer wall). So being careful with not wasting heat is important what with...
35
35

Gen Z wisdom
"there are no such things as birds. What you see are government drones spying on you"
4
4

Puddles quarantine tips ....
Get this single: http://hyperurl.co/p5874q Oh hello. I'm very grateful for my friends. My friend Van Markiton created this track, and I sang it. My friend Keith Roberts shot the video. I'd like to to...

Caster wheels for the man who has everything
£699 for 4 !!!! Apple Mac Pro Wheels Kit | Wex Photo Video
9
9

Kitchen drawer.
I built my own kitchen many years ago. Only bought in parts were doors and drawer fronts. Or rather the drawers themselves were made from PVC mouldings which clip together with a ply bottom - the...
4
4

Flex termination - External
Need to replace external floodlight ? (first of many to have bulb failures I expect) will change to LED as they fail. My current floods are physically connected to flexible conduit with 20mm...
9
9

Replacing R7s Flood with LED
One of my external flood lights has failed ? instead of just replacing the R7S lamp, think I?ll upgrade to LED flood. I need IP65, black, bracket mount Not sure on the power rating ?. Existing lights...
13
13

OT: Unusual Phone Request
Gentlemen, I had an odd message pop up on my Android smartphone yesterday and was wondering if anyone else has had one. It came from one of the Google apps (can't recall which one) and requested...
10
10

Really OT Shop assistant stealing money
Had my suspicions, so laid a trap with the shop owner. Hook line and sinker.
24
24

OT new alternator needed or low battery?
So I used the car for the first time in 4 weeks The charging light came on when I started the car and put on the air blowers and back window de-icer but a giving it 3K revs cleared it. Did 65 miles to...
40
40

Sticking suction pad hooks
Have some suction pad wall hooks for the kitchen. They now will not even now stick on to shiny smooth wall tiles. I have seen on youtube putting them in boiling water first or smearing with Vaseline...
3
3

How to tell if cordless batteries are C or sub-C?
I'm thinking of re-celling some Metabo cordless batteries, do I have to break open the battery pack to tell what size the cells are or is there an easier/obvious way?
13
13

OT: Heart warming
Fair warms the cockles of your heart, maybe literally (ever so slightly). ;-) Conspiracy theories about 5G have fuelled a market for "anti-5G" accessories. Conspiracy theories about 5G have fuelled a...
44
44